Doomseekers

wrathmongers slayer end of times

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Mountain_*

Guest_Mountain_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Wrathmongers seems to be snatched from Doomseekers so I decided to make similar rules established for the Dwarfs with 20mm square base for edition 8 in mind.

M3 WS5 S4 T4 W1 I2 A2 Ld 10

Unbreakable, Slayer, Slayer Cult, Deathblow, Resolute, Relentless, Ancestral Grudge, Dwarf-Made, Whirlwind of Axes

Whirlwind of Axes; Slayer weapons give models +1 S and count as additional weapon (+1 A). These also have Impact Hits (D3) when charge and also enemy get -1 harder to Hit these Doomseekers in first round of combat, both when Doomseeker charge or get charged by enemy.

I dont know about Giant Slayer Weapon Runic should work and how much those could cost upgrade Giant Slayer is 14 points is my guess. Then 10 points for Musician and 10 points for Standard bearer and can take Runic Standard worht up to 50 points.  

I and my friends gonna try fight them in friendly match. But what do you guys think? I think these should belong to Rare and perhaps cost 14 Points per model in Rare slot. But I am not a pro value points cost for a model. And would like get feedback if fit fluff and so on.

Edited by Mountain, 05 March 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#2 Tah Kazak Rik

Tah Kazak Rik

Scion of Grimnir

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

Looks good. I like that you made then 2 wounds instead of 3 because that is one of the things I do not like about the Wrathmongers (because it is a bit OP). But a few things maybe to note.

Old Doomseekers had Str 5 base. 

Also they always struck first, even before impact hits. 

As for having magic items, I think you can get away with not having that on your seekers.

Also while I agree with the -1 to hit, I have to say that the Wrathmongers rules are already good enough in terms of having WS 6 to honestly represent the Doomseekers. I am actually going to proxy my entire Dwarf army into using WoC rules if 9th edition eliminates the Dwarfs as a faction.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wrathmongers, slayer, end of times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users