Photo

A Different Competitive List Thats Not Gunline?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Bryapatch

Bryapatch

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

This list won a 24 person tournament near me at the weekend, and has NO war machines I think it's ace:

Dwarf Lord: Rune Of Might; Master Rune Of Smiting; 2 Runes Of Warding; Rune of the Furnace; shield; Shieldbearers 313

Runesmith: Master Rune Of Passage; 2 Runes Of Spell Breaking; Rune of Stone; shield 123

Runesmith: Rune of Speed; Rune of Spellbreaking; Fiery Ring Of Thori; shield 128

Thane: 3 Runes Of Slowness; shield; Battle Standard 173

20 Quarrellers: great weapons; Veteran; Musician; Standard Bearer 310

20 Thunderers: shields; Veteran (brace of pistols); Musician; Standard Bearer 290

Gyrocopter 80

Gyrocopter 80

Gyrocopter 80

27 Ironbreakers: Strollaz's Rune; Ironbeard; Musician; Standard Bearer 443

20 Irondrakes: Strollaz's Rune; Rune of Sanctuary; Ironwarden; musician; standard 380

2,400 points

Edited by Bryapatch, 20 February 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#22 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

That's just mad crazy. No hammerers either. Any chance of combat reports on this tourny?

#23 Bryapatch

Bryapatch

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

Sorry not really. He 20-0 every game, he played chaos dwarves and orcs with a big Savage horde and 12 trolls. More than that I don't know.

#24 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

I can see some lists really giving this fits. Dark Elves come immediately to mind. Blocking his vanguard and then focusing on the weaker units would be a decent approach. 

#25 dmorley21

dmorley21

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

Sorry not really. He 20-0 every game, he played chaos dwarves and orcs with a big Savage horde and 12 trolls. More than that I don't know.

This is off topic, but if somebody could PM me (so that it doesn't get more off topic) where I can find this method of scoring I would appreciate it. I keep seeing this, but am not sure what the rules are. I'm assuming it had something to do with Comp Scoring? 

EDIT: Thanks Bryapatch and Swordthain!

Edited by dmorley21, 21 February 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#26 Bryapatch

Bryapatch

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

Yeah of course it can be beaten. I think a bus of empire knights boosted with savage beasts, or an elf bus, anything with good armour and toughness 4 or below so the dwarf lord cant get might, could smash the ironbreaker unit and break their steadfast.
But it just shows you dont HAVE to take artillery to do well in a tournament, although the OP did say "that isn't a gunline or strollaz list", I don't know if this counts as a strollaz list with 2 vanguarding units.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users