2 replies to this topic

#1 dmorley21

dmorley21

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:25 PM

So, I've had several posts up asking for advice for this coming weekend when I'll be playing second and third 8th Edition games, one against HE (also his second 8th Edition Game) and one against VC (his first 8th Edition game). 

We've now decided to play the Blood & Glory scenario with some modifications (biggest/most expensive unit is worth 2 foundation points, every char is worth 1, BSB's 2, General 2 is what we're looking at). 

That being said, I'm struggling with choosing a general. We'll be playing 2500 pts, so it seems hard to justify or fit a Dwarf Lord on Shieldbearers. But that seems like the only way to get a survivable general. I've also toyed with Bugman, Grimm, or a Runesmith. So what do you all think? 

For reference, here's my current line of thinking for an army list.

Also, digressing a little bit, what scenarios do you most enjoy to play? I've really only ever played Victory Points and Deathmatch/Wipeout. 

#2 Krudd Kraggsson

Krudd Kraggsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:59 AM

Do you have to take the same army twice? Against VC a tank lord can be quite handy. But i wouldn't take one vs elves.

#3 dmorley21

dmorley21

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:52 AM

Do you have to take the same army twice? Against VC a tank lord can be quite handy. But i wouldn't take one vs elves.

There is nothing limiting me to taking the same army, but while my first game will probably be just against HE the second game may be a three-way free-for-all battle where the player with the most fortitude at the end of 6 turns is the winner. 

In essence though, the rule I think you're implying is to take a tank lord when expecting mega characters but not otherwise? Even in B&G?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwarf lord, runesmith, josef bugman, grimm burloksson, dwarf general

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users