Photo

Should I Bring A Tank Lord In This List?

lord 2400

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dwarfsarethebestaround

dwarfsarethebestaround

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

Hi all,

I was wondering whether this list would be able to take a tank lord or whether I should use the points in a different way? I normally sit back at the board and shoot (Duh, I'm Dwarfs). Would the points be better invested in somewhere else?

Sorry if its difficult to read!

+ Lords (316pts) +

Lord (316pts) [Great Weapon (6pts), Shieldbearers (40pts)]
····Ancestral Heirlooms and Runes (125pts) [Rune of Fortitude (1st rune) (35pts), Rune of Iron (1st rune) (20pts), Rune of Iron (2nd rune) (25pts), Rune of Warding (1st rune) (15pts), Rune of Warding (2nd rune) (20pts), Rune of Warding (3rd rune) (10pts)]

+ Heroes (371pts) +

Runesmith (119pts) [Great Weapon (6pts), Shield (3pts)]
····Ancestral Heirlooms and Runes (50pts) [Rune of Spellbreaking (1st rune) (25pts), Rune of Spellbreaking (2nd rune) (20pts), Rune of Stone (5pts)]

Runesmith (99pts) [Great Weapon (6pts), Shield (3pts)]
····Ancestral Heirlooms and Runes (30pts) [Rune of Spellbreaking (1st rune) (25pts), Rune of Stone (5pts)]

Thane (153pts) [Shield (3pts)]
····Battle Standard Bearer (85pts) [Master Rune of Grugni (60pts)]

+ Core (652pts) +

Longbeards (442pts) [Champion (10pts), Musician (10pts)]
····29x Longbeard (377pts) [29x Shields (29pts)]
····Standard Bearer (45pts) [Rune of Stoicism (35pts)]
····Rules: Rune of Stoicism

Quarrellers (210pts)
····15x Quarreller (210pts) [15x Great Weapons (30pts)]

+ Rare (315pts) +

Organ Gun (145pts) [3x Dwarf Crew]
····Organ Gun (25pts) [Rune of Accuracy (25pts)]

Organ Gun (170pts) [3x Dwarf Crew]
····Organ Gun (50pts) [Rune of Accuracy (25pts), Rune of Forging (25pts)]

+ Special (745pts) +

Cannon (145pts) forging 25 [3x Dwarf Crew]

Gyrocopter (100pts) [Steam Gun, Vanguard (20pts)]

Gyrocopter (80pts) [Steam Gun]

Hammerers (420pts) [Champion (10pts), Musician (10pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)]
····26x Hammerer (390pts) [26x Shields (26pts)]

#2 Abrasus

Abrasus

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

Instead of writing runes this way, you can write Rune of Spellbreaking (2) - everyone will understand and won't have to look if it's no 1, no 2 or something else :P. I played with dwarf lord or packed up than few times (and against them too with my VC lists :P) and I think they are the biggest waste of points ever. Well, he is certainly totally unkillable in combat, but he probably won't reach this combat EVER. You have M3 and if you put him in big unit such as Hammerers or Longbeards here, you can just mark to the enemy - heeey, shoot and magic out this unit here, it's worth 1000000 points! You won't probably even smell combat with unit with this lord inside - if you do it will be some combo rear charge that even best dwarf lord can't help you winning.

You have just 3 warmachines and you don't have any engineers for your Organ Guns so there is huge chance your artillery won't be good enough to hold down for quite a time, especially against armies which have artillery/poison shooting AND stupid magic xD. IMHO take off this lord and bring some engineers or just more machines - you could really use Grudge Thrower in that list.

Btw, why one of the Runesmiths has both GW and shield? The only point when he'll need that shield is the WE sniper trying to shoot him (so he gets 1 more save), but WE snipers have better targets here - such as your BSB :P.

#3 dwarfsarethebestaround

dwarfsarethebestaround

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

Instead of writing runes this way, you can write Rune of Spellbreaking (2) - everyone will understand and won't have to look if it's no 1, no 2 or something else :P. I played with dwarf lord or packed up than few times (and against them too with my VC lists :P) and I think they are the biggest waste of points ever. Well, he is certainly totally unkillable in combat, but he probably won't reach this combat EVER. You have M3 and if you put him in big unit such as Hammerers or Longbeards here, you can just mark to the enemy - heeey, shoot and magic out this unit here, it's worth 1000000 points! You won't probably even smell combat with unit with this lord inside - if you do it will be some combo rear charge that even best dwarf lord can't help you winning.

You have just 3 warmachines and you don't have any engineers for your Organ Guns so there is huge chance your artillery won't be good enough to hold down for quite a time, especially against armies which have artillery/poison shooting AND stupid magic xD. IMHO take off this lord and bring some engineers or just more machines - you could really use Grudge Thrower in that list.

Btw, why one of the Runesmiths has both GW and shield? The only point when he'll need that shield is the WE sniper trying to shoot him (so he gets 1 more save), but WE snipers have better targets here - such as your BSB :P.

I know what your saying about writing runes that way, but I took this off of battle scroll and I am lazy :/ 

I also took out my grudge thrower for another organ gun because my grudge thrower never seems to do anything.

At my store it is semi-competitive and not everyone there is the most tactical player and so I can get into combat quite a bit. 

The GW and Shield was because I had spare points left.

I get all of your points but I don't think I will ever be able to play him as 2400 is the biggest game I play.

Thanks for the feedback!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lord, 2400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users