• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BeardlingOfGotrek

BeardlingOfGotrek

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

Fellow Dawi, I am building an army to smite the chittering scum that is a skaven army at my local club.

The only issue is trying to take down his war machines as they do put a dent into my ironbreakers while they are trying to hold off the clanrats, due to their rule of being able to fire at friendly units.

As some of you are most likely war forged dawi with much more experience than this beardling, can someone point me in the right direction and impart some wisdom. 

Cheers - BoG

#2 Balric Fireforged

Balric Fireforged

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

He can only shoot at you if you are engaged with ONLY Skaven Slaves. If anothe unit is in combat, or if there is a character is in the Slave unit, he can't fire on you.

If you're trying to take out war machines, cannons are better, but grudge throwers are great against Skaven in general. Also, Flame Cannons ate grest, because they cause panic.

#3 BeardlingOfGotrek

BeardlingOfGotrek

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

Clan rats, slave rats, they all look the same to me, but when he said he could fire on his own units i did double check is book at the time and all seemed to be in order.

I have some organ guns to take out his units before they get close enough to charge, but tell me more about these flame cannons, I've never really read up on them.

#4 Balric Fireforged

Balric Fireforged

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Well, unfortunately the models for Clanrats and Skavenslaves are the same... so just keep an eye out for what's what.

I definitely think you should read up on Flame Cannons. They are pretty nasty vs the entire Skaven book.

#5 Gorath

Gorath

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

The panic caused by flame cannons would be a big help. It would also help in the event any of your opponents rat ogres get some sort of Clan Moulder regeneration silliness. 

#6 Chlodphurf

Chlodphurf

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

Grudge Thrower with +1 Strength and an Engineer is pretty nasty against T3 infantry blocks. However, both cannons and stone throwers have their strengths and weaknesses, so it depends what else you have in your army.

I guess the real question is... Why not both? :D

Edited by Chlodphurf, 16 January 2015 - 07:14 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle, cannon, grudge, thrower, war, machines, army

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users