• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jayeseagrim

jayeseagrim

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

Hi all, if this is in the wrong place please let me know and I'll post again appropriately. 

I'm looking to get a 2000pt army. I've yet to play competitively so I'm not trying to create with a certain adversary in mind just a general idea of how I play competitively. I'm a very patient person who is happy to wait until the perfect opportunity to move and win.  

So my question to you Longbeards is this:

What would you recommend for high defense, high attack, slow moving army. If it's possible to get some good artillery to lower the numbers breaking on my men that would be an advantage too.

Feel free to educate me on why you've made the choices you do in this topic as any information would be an advantage. 

Thanks Very Much.

#2 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by high defense, high attack, and (particularly) slow moving. Do you want a high defense unit, a high attack unit, and a slow moving unit? Or are you hoping that every unit in your army will have both a high defense and high attack while moving slowly?

In short, I'm wondering what your strategic concept for the army is. How do you expect to use your army to defeat the enemy? There is a link in my signature that goes into great detail about how to come up with a strategic concept. If you're new to list building, you will find it a good read.

I can also list our popular army choices and builds if that's what you're interested in :)

Edited by Ozariig, 17 December 2014 - 08:31 AM.

#3 jayeseagrim

jayeseagrim

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the reply dude. Basically I just want to whittle down numbers and outlast the enemy. My friend has a Skaven Army so I suppose I should build toward defeating them. I'll Check out that link now! Thanks Dude!

:lol:

#4 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

I'll throw another link your way, because it sounds like it might be what you're looking for :) Check out the Monty Mash tactica thread. It's a very balanced approach to building a Dwarf army, based on a solid line of artillery supported by plenty of infantry. You will likely want:

• Two Cannons for monster and war machine removal
  • Two Organ Guns w/ Master Engineers for damage output
  • Two of Runesmiths for magic defense
  • Two Gyrocopters to run interference for the rest of the line
  • A Battle Standard Bearer Thane
  • Combat infantry (Longbeards of either variety, Great Weapon Warriors, Hammerers, Ironbreakers, even Irondrakes or Slayers) to taste

I'm afraid I don't have much experience fighting Skaven, so someone else might want to chime in on what to pack against them. 

#5 jayeseagrim

jayeseagrim

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

Thanks Dude! You've been a big help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2000pt, army, howto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users