10 replies to this topic

#1 Oxall

Oxall

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

Hello all,

Been a long time lurker on this forum, taking inspiration from a lot of the great work here. Thought I'd post the start of my own dwarf army. I've been collecting for about a year now, slowly building and painting a 1500 pt dwarf army. I have a lot more work to do so I'm going to start posting my progress on here, would appreciate any feedback/criticsm, although please be nice as this is my first warhammer army. :D

Test model front
Test model right side
Test model back
Test model left side

This was my first ironbreaker test model. Decided to go for a bronze/copper/green theme. Lighting in the pictures is quite bad. I think they look slightly better in real life haha Havent finished work on the beard yet.

IB 3
IB 3.1
IB 3.2
IB 3.3
Lord with great weapon

Also painted up my lord with GW. Cant see me using him in an actual battle, unless I put him on shieldbearers or ran him as a thane BSB until I get one, but I really like the model. Again, havent finished the beards for any of these models.

#2 Jskinny

Jskinny

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

Those look great!  Luv the green and brown accents.  Keep it up.

#3 Benke

Benke

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

Very nice! What are your thoughts for basing?

#4 SmegRimmer

SmegRimmer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

Very cool, they look like bronze verdigris, only neater.

#5 Oridur

Oridur

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:31 AM

Very nice combo!  They look great!  :thumbup:

#6 Helblindi

Helblindi

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

They look great!

#7 Essmir Ulv

Essmir Ulv

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:34 AM

Nice, I rely enjoys the colors!

#8 Purplebeard

Purplebeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

Arrgh you have THAT lord!

I wish I'd bought him when he first came out - I have been wanting to match him with Alrik's shieldbearers for years!

The metallic green on your lord's helmet wings is very, very nice by the way.

#9 Oxall

Oxall

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for the kind words all! :D Good to hear that the colors are liked.

I'll be uploading more pics soon with test models using the same color scheme on AOW rangers, thundereres and warriors.

Very nice! What are your thoughts for basing?

I havent really thought a lot about basing yet, been so focused on the huge amount of assembling and painting I've still got to do, although I think I'll go for a grassy/rocky base so that they dont look out of place on most tabletops.

I love that model too Purplebeard and I have a similar want to put him on Alrik's shieldbearers. :thumbup:

#10 Oxall

Oxall

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

Been busy working on my Dwarf Throng since my last post, despite all the trouble with Age of Sigmar. It now stands at 1 Gyrocopter, 1 Organ Gun, 40 Dwarf Warriors, 10 Ironbreakers, 10 Hammerers, 16 Thunderers, 2 Runesmiths, 5 Rangers, 1 Dragon Slayer and 1 Lord. All of it is in various stages of painting, so just thought I would share a few examples of how the armor and color of various units will look. I am continuing with a theme of bronze/copper/green for the entire army. None of these models are completely finished. The hammerers need gems, flesh and a few touch ups before being finished.

Hammerer 2

Hammerer 1

Hammerers

Hammerers 2

Hammerers 3

Hammerers 4

Thunderers

Thunderes 3

Thunderers 2

Thunderes 4

Added the leftover shoulder pads from the Ironbreaker and Hammerer boxes to the GW warriors to make the models look slightly better. Below is a test model.

GW Warrior

GW Warrior 2

GW Warrior 3

And here are more of the Ironbreakers! I plan to make this a unit of 30 at some point. I love the Ironbreaker models.

Ironbreaker Unit

I hope everyone enjoys the pictures, and that interest in this site does not dwindle. I myself still play 8th edition but will also play AOS if I am asked. We have much to look forward to in the world of warhammer with Total War: Warhammer, Vermintide and Mordheim: City of the Damned!!! I also recently started playing the reboot of Warhammer Online, on a private server called Return of Reckoning, so am getting more than my fill of Warhammer at the moment.

#11 jouke1988

jouke1988

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:40 AM

I love them, really love your painting sceme. I chose the same colours for my Ironbreakers but yours look much better!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwarf throng, ironbreakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users