• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shadydestroyer

Shadydestroyer

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hail! Fellow Brethren. I am decently new the Fantasy Dwarves, and have a pile to use against my buddy. We are playing a 3k match and he is bring a big Savage ork list with som artillery and boars w/ beefed boar rider lord. Lots of savage and black savage orks, so I was trying to thing about what to bring as I don't know too much but this is where I am and looking for help to finish up this list with suggestions. Help I appreciated. Looking to use my warmachines to thin him out with gyro redirectors and finish it off up close, tell me what you think and what could help this list thanks.

Lord [316]
+ 2 Runes of Iron
+ 3 Runes of Warding
+ Rune of Fortitude
+ great weapon
+ Shieldbearers

Master Engineer 70

Thane [146]
+ 2 Runes of Iron
+ Rune of Stone
+ great weapon
+ battle standard

Runesmith [141]
+ 2 Runes of Iron
+ Rune of Spellbreaking
+ Rune of Stone
+ great weapon

30 Quarrellers [440]
+ great weapons
+ Veteran
+ standard bearer

30 Dwarf Warriors [320]
+ great weapons
+ Veteran
+ standard bearer

28 Hammerers [477]
+ Keeper of the Gate
+ standard bearer
+ Master Rune of Valaya

Cannon 120

Gyrocopter 80

Grudge Thrower [145]
+ Rune of Accuracy
+ Rune of Penetrating

10 Miners [130]
+ full command
Gyrocopter 80

Organ Gun 145
+ Rune of Accuracy

Organ Gun 145
+ Rune of Accuracy

2,755 points

#2 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

Hey welcome to the brewery :)

Because I have the Orc book and have a small force of them, I can hopefully help you here (Even though I have never played them)

The lord if definitely a good choice, but against a horde list of savage Orcs, you may want to replace the Rune of fortitude with a Rune of fury and give him a shield instead of a GW weapon becausee then he will go before the savages and will hopefully be able to kill off some before they get to go.

Master engineer:Great

Runesmith: Great Although I think you should swap the Runes of Iron for a second spellbeaker (Also he has the same Runic armor combination as the Thane)

Thane BSB: Great although I think you should maybe give him a master Rune of GOE instead

Quarrellers: Good choice

Warriors: I think replacing the GW weapons and giving then shields would be better as savages can be quite nasty in combat

Hammerers: Great although Ironbeakers could be better against your opponents list

Artillery: Great (Give the organ guns different Runic combos)

Miners: Maybe not, I think you should replace them with another Runesmith, or get more of them

Overall good list the saveges can be scary especially if your opponent gets crazy lucky with 6+ ward saves in combat at S 3 or 4 they can't hit to hard but being frenzied and/if they have AHW they can cause allot of damage with their ridiculous number of attacks, which is why I recommended Ironbreakers and shield warriors.

Edited by Hero of Rome, 23 November 2014 - 06:05 PM.

#3 Cuthbo

Cuthbo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

I agree with a lot of what Hero of Rome is saying - however I actually think you'll need some great weapons against Orcs. They have toughness 4 so it'll be good to have strength 5 (or 6). Stick a rune of Burning on the second Organ Gun to make it unique!

#4 Shadydestroyer

Shadydestroyer

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

Thank for the insight, going to renovate my list and post back. My reasoning for miners is that I know he's gunna have a few warmachines and I don't want my artillery to stop shooting at the orks. Cause he like bragging his list. I know he's taking 2 hordes of 40 savages and 60 black savages with 10 boars with boar lord in there which are gunna be nuts to try and kill and the grey weapons will let me kill a lot as hitting str5 or 6 instead of 3/4 which might not do a lot against his T 4/5. And thank for remonding forgo you can't have 2 copies o same gear

#5 Shadydestroyer

Shadydestroyer

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

Also should I be aiming more for a stoic and armoured army to withstand the attacks and try to wittle him down more than Killy army? Although he has so many guys with so many attacks. Maybe getting him to charge an armoured unit, then flank him with some Great Weapons. Also to only reason I don't really want to put than one runesmith in is cause their general thing is spell breakers and AP, but he has not armour really. That's for input. All help is awesomely appreciated.

#6 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

Also should I be aiming more for a stoic and armoured army to withstand the attacks and try to wittle him down more than Killy army? Although he has so many guys with so many attacks. Maybe getting him to charge an armoured unit, then flank him with some Great Weapons. Also to only reason I don't really want to put than one runesmith in is cause their general thing is spell breakers and AP, but he has not armour really. That's for input. All help is awesomely appreciated.

It all depends on how you like to play for example if you can wreck the savages with your Organ guns and Grudge thrower GW would be good to finish them of. However If you ficus down his artillery and cav than shields could be good 

Anyway in the end only you can decide what you are going to have in your list.

#7 Shadydestroyer

Shadydestroyer

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

Well I was thinking of shooting up the savages as much as I can, miners come on the flank and start munching warmachines, maybe a cannon shot or 2 to help and try an buy some time with gyros redirecting the block and cooking a few guys. Then take a charge as he will get it most likely and then try to flank with a couple units

#8 Hero of Rome

Hero of Rome

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

Well I was thinking of shooting up the savages as much as I can, miners come on the flank and start munching warmachines, maybe a cannon shot or 2 to help and try an buy some time with gyros redirecting the block and cooking a few guys. Then take a charge as he will get it most likely and then try to flank with a couple units

That seems like a good plan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: savage, 3000pt, warmachine, dwarves, unfinished

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users