Shooting With Cannon Aginst Casket Of Souls

casket of souls wounds cannon

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mountain_*

Guest_Mountain_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

I sorry if this question shall ask in TK forum but I have no profile there, erhps I will ask them if yo cool dwarfs dont know answer. But anyway I have a friend which have begin with a Tomb Kings army and we was playing a friendly game and he had a Casket of Souls. I was shooting it with my cannon and I did wounds it and then rolled 3 to Multiple Wounds then we see that Casket of Souls have 3 Wounds but then we saw that the Keeper have 1 Wound and 2 Guard have 1 wound each. But Casket of Souls is a Warmachine so how do it work dealing wounds and how many wounds do is have?

My short question is do the Casket of Souls have 3 or 6 Wounds and which crew shall remove first?

#2 Feldeghast

Feldeghast

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

I don't have the book to hand but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have 6. The crew are its wound tokens so it has 3, guards probably go first, keeper is the last wound. I could be corrected.. 

#3 The Bearded Baron

The Bearded Baron

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

That's an interesting question if the TK profile gives the guards and Priest a wound each because the TK books is an 8th edition release if I remember rightly. As Felderghast says, I believe it should only have 3 wounds (as marked on its profile) and the bodies just act as counters (in the order that Feld noted). I can't see it working any other way, but why the profile should give them separate wounds when they cannot be separated from the model is an interesting point.

#4 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

It has 3 wounds. 

#5 Khazagrim Ironheart

Khazagrim Ironheart

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:24 PM

Only 3 wounds, but T10. It has the war machine troop type so it uses the same rule for shooting attacks and servant removal.

Edit: Note that it also mean that the Ironcurse Icon's 6+ ward works against it if you play another army than dwarves.

Edited by Khazagrim Ironheart, 08 November 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#6 Gotrong Gudmundsson

Gotrong Gudmundsson

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

It works exactly as an anvil of doom does. It has a collective pool of wounds, and as they go away, the models "die". 

#7 Guest_Mountain_*

Guest_Mountain_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

Ok, thanks for answer and now I know Casket of Souls have only have 3 wounds. 

#8 Gotrong Gudmundsson

Gotrong Gudmundsson

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

It has 5 wounds :P 3W from the Casket, 1W from the Keeper and 1W from the Casket guard... but it's not like a monster with three different entities, it's a wound pool of 5.. The Tomb King player actually gets to choose from where he remove the wounds, so if he took 3 wounds he could put 2 of them o nthe casket itself and then 1 on the keeper for example.

#9 Ok Okri

Ok Okri

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

It has 5 wounds :P 3W from the Casket, 1W from the Keeper and 1W from the Casket guard...

No. It has 3 wounds: 2 guard and 1 keeper. BRB p.108 tells you to ignore the wounds characteristic of the machine, and use those of the remaining crew. In this respect it is no different to our own war machines.

Edited by Ok Okri, 09 November 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#10 SamBuca80

SamBuca80

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

And lastily.  Once you've shot it and got past that T10, if you manage to kill it, make sure you don't have any friendly Dwarves stood anywhere nearby as it goes BOOM !!!

#11 Nihmwit

Nihmwit

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

Only 3 wounds, but T10. It has the war machine troop type so it uses the same rule for shooting attacks and servant removal.

Edit: Note that it also mean that the Ironcurse Icon's 6+ ward works against it if you play another army than dwarves.

No, the iron curse icon doesn't work.  The Iron curse icon specifies that it provides a 6+ ward save versus Shooting attacks.  The Casket uses a bound spell in the magic phase, so it doesn't apply.  As for the OP questions, it specifies what the crew are because they have different equipment and profiles.  The whole unit is only 3 wounds though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: casket of souls, wounds, cannon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users