6 replies to this topic

#1 TabletopWorkshop

TabletopWorkshop

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

Hi guys, 

We've been showing off the 28mm Castle on this forum for a while now and it's now available to pre-order. This huge set includes 12 individual Castle kits, which consist of all the parts required to make a Square Castle. 

10682345_848635108482176_181943942792406

10631283_848636078482079_550548338054187

If a Square Castle isn't your thing, don't worry! As the Tower Wall Connector Sets can be placed into the Tower at different angles, gamers can design a totally different shape of fortification. Furthermore, as the the kits are fully modular, you can create longer, taller or even smaller Castle Walls and Towers. The full Basic Castle Set consists of: 

4 x Round Fortified Towers 
3 x Standard Castle Walls 
1 x Castle Wall Gate 
4 x Tower Wall Connector Sets 

Just a quick heads up to anyone who pre-ordered, all Basic Castle Sets will be dispatched in the coming weeks. Don't worry. We'll keep you updated of progress on our Social Media Sites, our Website and our Mailing List as usual. 

This month, we're also offering four brand new bundles to offer you more of our scenery for smaller prices. These include the new 28mm Settlement, which offers the full set of our Medieval Range for just £75! For more information on these sets, head over to http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk

Edited by TabletopWorkshop, 29 September 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#2 Lord Didums

Lord Didums

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:35 PM

Do you guys consider this to be Dwarven like, because im looking for a fortress to fight my mates orc and goblin army.

#3 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

I dunno.  It looks more Dwarf to me than the Games workshop Fortress, but the Gothic arches really point towards human architecture.

Looks like it would be fun to play with, though.

#4 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

Hi guys, 

We've been showing off the 28mm Castle on this forum for a while now and it's now available to pre-order. This huge set includes 12 individual Castle kits, which consist of all the parts required to make a Square Castle. 

If a Square Castle isn't your thing, don't worry! As the Tower Wall Connector Sets can be placed into the Tower at different angles, gamers can design a totally different shape of fortification. Furthermore, as the the kits are fully modular, you can create longer, taller or even smaller Castle Walls and Towers. The full Basic Castle Set consists of: 

4 x Round Fortified Towers 
3 x Standard Castle Walls 
1 x Castle Wall Gate 
4 x Tower Wall Connector Sets 

Just a quick heads up to anyone who pre-ordered, all Basic Castle Sets will be dispatched in the coming weeks. Don't worry. We'll keep you updated of progress on our Social Media Sites, our Website and our Mailing List as usual. 

This month, we're also offering four brand new bundles to offer you more of our scenery for smaller prices. These include the new 28mm Settlement, which offers the full set of our Medieval Range for just £75! For more information on these sets, head over to http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk

I thought seriously about ordering a set.  Great looking, best I have seen.

Great looking my questions is; are you going to build some sort of citadel that is surrounded by the castle walls and towers. 

Walls protected what? An empty courtyard/assembly area.  Which was my complaint about the G.W. version, it protected an empty courtyard.

#5 TabletopWorkshop

TabletopWorkshop

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply. I expected a notification when I got replies like some of the other forums I'm on.

Lord Didums, the design is based on the designs of actual Early year Medieval Castles. Although I'd say that from what I've seen of Dwarven Architecture that it shares many similarities with basic human architecture unlike some of the other Fantasy races minus maybe size and scale. Final answer is that I think it definitely has the potential to be used with 28mm Dwarven Armies but ultimately I understand some of you guys may disagree!

Skull Krusher, we do have plans to build a keep in the not so distant future. As you can see by the photos we've recently taken (below), you can make your own keep and interior layouts with more Tabletop Workshop buildings and Castle Kits.

10629435_892328104112876_684346339028139

10472829_892328114112875_558869217941429

Edited by TabletopWorkshop, 24 November 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#6 SmegRimmer

SmegRimmer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

can you fit 10 square bases on the top of each tower?

That would be good for a unit of thunderers/quarrelers in each.

#7 TabletopWorkshop

TabletopWorkshop

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

You should be able to get at least a few on. It depends on the size though! I'd imagine 10 might be a push!

Edited by TabletopWorkshop, 04 December 2014 - 08:07 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tabletop workshop, castle, 28mm, medieval, scenery, buildings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users