5 replies to this topic

#1 Saltrock

Saltrock

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

Hi all,

First post on Bugman's but used to post all the time on LO.

Anyway, I'm just wondering where the new Nagash (I guess you could call it expansion) rule set leaves us? With all wizards now able to cast from lore of Undeath, and raise units new undead units, but as we don't have casters, are we getting put over on the side-lines? At least in Storm of Magic they tried to get dwarfs involved in casting.

Someone was trying to convince me in my local gaming shop that as Dwarfs still generate casting dice they will be able to use lore of undeath, but I had to point out that we don't have actually units that can cast spells, we are just able to use runes from striking an anvil which is a war machine.

I was looking forward to raising chaff of zombies to bog down units or a unit of bloodknights to zoom along my flanks, but are we stuck looking at taking allied armies casters therefore to get the most out of this expansion?

Cheers for your thoughts,

-Saltrock-

Edited by Saltrock, 08 September 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#2 chocoshaun

chocoshaun

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

I'm glad we didn't get the ability to cast this lore
I really don't like it
It makes no sense
Neromancers take a lifetime/lifetimes to learn the art of raising the dead and now everyone just happened to
have a dark magic book under their bed and knew how too read it???
I think it's really silly and very unimagineative of games workshop
With the rise of nagash wouldn't a lore that counters undead make more sense??

#3 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,813 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

I don't know but it's probably likely the dwarfs get the raw end of the deal and watch from the side-lines as everyone else gets new toys.

#4 Guest_Mountain_*

Guest_Mountain_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

In White Dwarf magazine GW say that everyones wizard can cast lore of undeath because magic is on ground of Sylvania. But we Dwarf dont have caster and dont get the lore of undeath is clear. And I am happy about we didnt get the new lore. And rumors says it will come +3 more books so something maybe we dwarf then get something in one of the books End of Times books.

#5 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

We're going to struggle in these games. I'd suggest taking more shooting and just laugh when people "I swear too much" about it. "Well, guys, Lore of Undead means I now have to defeat two armies with my 2500 points instead of one". 

#6 Durak

Durak

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

In Stone and Steel, it gives Priests of Gazul (ancestor God of Death) access to necromancy. It just says that the players have to be really careful about what spells are used and how they are used. I could see that as a fluff reason to use the lore.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magic, rules, anvil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users