• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sideshot

sideshot

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

This is the army i am going to bring against my friend. This is the first time im facing Skaven, so could you give me some advise?

Lord with shield bearers, Rune of might 1 and cleave 2, fort 2, and 1 rune of luck

He's in a block of 27 hammerers.

There's a thane in there with a runic bsb having vanguard and slowness 1.

Runesmith with breath wep and dispell 2, in a unit of 29 longbeards.

Another runesmith with dispell 2, in a unit of 34 dwarf warriors with GW. 

Then i have a gyrocopter with vanguard. 

Grudge thrower, no runes.

Organ gun with rune of accuracy.

Cannon with rune of burning

#2 Ozariig

Ozariig

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

I don't run Lords, so I'm not going to comment on the build.  The list looks mostly good to me, except I'm paranoid about Grudge Throwers and Cannons that don't have Rune of Forging.  I'd drop just a couple of bodies from each of your units to put Forging on each of them, but that's just me.

#3 Thorniusmaximus

Thorniusmaximus

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

I have fought Skaven a bit and the worst thing that can happen is your cannons misfiring and blowing up (it has happened to me 3 cannons in one game)

definitely invest in the rune of forging and put the flaming rune on one as well as if he takes one of those abomination monsters you need to shoot it with fire as it has regen. If not say goodbye to a lot of troops heroes and anything else it gets in contact with.

Otherwise I would ad a Master engineer for the organ gun it is worth it when you are hitting on 3 at 30 inches with a reroll it will decimate his special troops and most other monsters he brings to the table

Good luck in the game hope you manage to squish some rats :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skaven, 2500, pts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users