• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roedskaegg

Roedskaegg

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

Okay, my list might look a bit goofy with numbers and stuff but I play with the Swedish Comp system. I was trying to build a list that is fun to play with i.e. not a gunline. I came up with this.

Runesmith, general @ 138 -1

Shield, Rune of Stone, Rune of Spellbreakingx2, Rune of Iron, Rune of the Furnace

Thane, BSB @ 191 -13

Great Weapon, Master rune of Grugni, Strollaz Rune

Longbeards x28 @ 444 -12

Full command, Shields, Strollaz Rune, Rune of Sanctuary

Warriors x25 @ 305 -12

Full command, Great Weapons, Shields

Hammerers x21 @ 420 -20

Full command, shields, Master rune of Groth One Eye

Miners x10 @100 -4

2 x Gyrocopter @100 -14, 6 wmp

Vanguard, Steamgun

Gyrocopter @80 -10

Brimstone gun

Rangers x18 @ 300 -9

Full Command, Shields

Irondrakes x18 @325 -14, 1 wmp

Standard, Musician, Strollaz Rune

Generic comp: Groth -25, Grugni -5, Spellbreak -7, Strollaz -4

WMP: 7 (0)                                   Comp: 300-150=150 = 15,0                                  Total points: 2500

Edited by Roedskaegg, 03 August 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#2 TaxiForBiggins

TaxiForBiggins

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Brimstone gun blows. Just sayin :)

My only real thoughts are to try and fit a torp in and maybe shift some bodies around. Looks great and I would love to see batreps

#3 Roedskaegg

Roedskaegg

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

Yep, Brimstone is as "I Swear too much" as they come :) It's just for comp, I get punished for each steam gun and I actually did well in test games having the third gyro only flying around chaffing and looking for an opening to drop that one use bomb.

You like the torpedo Taxi? I have only used my drake unit with champion w/ torpedo in a few games and have had no use for it. I'll consider it but since my Rare choise is maxed out, it would cost med 3 drakes/rangers to get it. Thanks for feedback, I will try to get back with some batreps!

#4 TaxiForBiggins

TaxiForBiggins

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

Ah right, I don't really like comp... I totally understand, but back when I used to play competitively (and I will again!) we didn't use it. I prefer my current gentlemen's rules of 'don't be a d!ck'. Well yeah, great choice, it shows you give careful consideration to these things. You normally end up chaffing a gyro or 2, or bombing-run over and charging a WM, so 1 or 2 with brimstone can help with comp. Needs more thought at deployment though.

No, I don't particularly like the torpedo. I hate trusting a low number of shots to BS (hence my BT hate). That said, in the absence of cannons, I would generally prefer to at least have a chance of shoving a missile down a monster/chariot's throat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwarf, strollaz, vanguard, swecomp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users