6 replies to this topic

#1 Pepilecube

Pepilecube

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hey Bearded friends ,

Noobie Dwarf player to the forum here. A mate and i are heading down to Warhammer World in a few weeks, Im just curious if people have been, any tips for things to see. How big is it etc. Seen bits of the web but thought a more personal thought from you guys would be great.

Cheers 

#2 The Main Thane

The Main Thane

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Live close to it im from Sheffield, I've always wanted to go but cant even seem to make it when my club goes

#3 Pepilecube

Pepilecube

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

I'm about 2 hours away and i always find that whenever i have time to go, im actually playing the game, i get that they have board's their to play but i rarely would travel so far with my army. i do hear great things though.

#4 Sturmbrow

Sturmbrow

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

It's got some great tables of various sizes, but phone in advance to book one if I was you - sometimes it can be busy

The games room itself is superb, a veritable temple of geekery and nicely decorated

The HQ store is, frankly, disappointing and don't be too expectant of it being any different to any other GW shop

Bugmans Bar is pretty good, and represents decent value (I guess since they mostly cater to parents who've brought kids to play for the day)

Best is the Bugmans Bar merchandise IMO - and again represents pretty good value if you like that kind of thing

The figures museum is very dissapointing. Very.

In summary good place to go for at least one visit, good if there's a wider reason (say a Bugmans get together battle weekend) otherwise not worth the effort IMO.

#5 Hazkal19

Hazkal19

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

I live in Nottingham and so go quite often mainly to use the store as it is more convenient than going into the city centre.

I'd agree with Sturmbrow; not really worth a long trek unless you are going to play a game or two.

I believe it is shortly going to be undergoing a major revamp so it will be interesting to see what they do to the place. Hopefully they will improve the miniatures gallery.

#6 Pepilecube

Pepilecube

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

Cheers Sturmbrow,

I hear that the bar is the best aspect (beers and merchandise whats not too love). 

so it wouldn't cover an entire day, if we didn't play a game or two?  

Sucks about the figure museum, as someone who has come back to the game a few times over the past decade i was really looking forward to seeing some of the classic models. 

#7 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

I was there three years ago, made a post about it here: http://www.bugmansbr...-2?hl=kallstrom 

There you can see some pictures I took. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warhammer, dwarfs, world, trip, warhammer world, tips, advice, bugmans brewery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users