6 replies to this topic

#1 jamandu

jamandu

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Hi guys,

I was playing a siege (My dwarfs attacking, Skaven defending). I took the castle and the Skaven relief force came from outside to retake it. They fired their warpfire thrower weapon into a tower with my dwarfs inside it but neither in Blood in the Badlands or the BRB could we find any rules for flaming ranged weapons firing at buildings. Does anyone know the rules or can anyone supply a page number that I have missed?

Also on the topic of buildings, can standard towers and farmhouses be destroyed by cannon-fire?

Many thanks,

Beardling Jamandu

#2 The Main Thane

The Main Thane

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

I believe it is d6 hits and re rolls to wound because of flaming attacks.

#3 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

i concur with TMT. d6 hits for each unit in the building. rerolls for flaming.

buildings don't get destroyed by shooting in normal wfb. 

BitB did have breaching walls rules in the "pre-battle" phase of the siege, but not actually during the battle.

if you really want to introduce the concept of wall breaching, I'd highly recommend "Warhammer Siege" from 1988 (Rick Priestly).

it's only as complicated a ruleset as you make it.... you can adopt certain pieces of the book to wfb 8th ed without too much hassle.

#4 Zidane_blade

Zidane_blade

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Its under template weapons, in the building section.

#5 jamandu

jamandu

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

Found it now, thanks. We did the prebattle wall breaching, you can buy special ammo in BITB to breach walls in play :)

#6 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

ok, sorry. I'm not really very informed on the BitB siege rules cause when we played BitB, nobody attacked anyone's strongholds since it looked like a battle that you'd not stand much of a chance to win.

#7 jamandu

jamandu

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

Well, Dwarves kicked Skaven out of theirs :) Thus proving our might beyond question.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rules, templates, flame, help, buildings, noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users