Photo

What Other Units Would You Like Dwarfs To Have?

dwarf units wish need want gronti duraz gronti duraz cavalry magic

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

Runic Golems - monstrous infantry

giant runic golem - monster w handlers

Bear cavalry or slayer cav on boars or something similar to the Kings of War dwarf cav.

Gyro as mount for a character

Tank of some kind, either a superior steam tank or something similar to chaos dwarf smashy war machine/mobile organ gun.

#42 MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

A cannon-chariot belongs with Dwarves more than it ever should with Ogres and Daemons, though there are too many of these in the game already.

I kind of don't agree with this statement. I certainly agree that Daemons of Khorne should never have been given one. That idea was obviously concocted by some crack addled member of the GW developer team. I've never seen Dwarfs as a chariot using race. They just aren't practical for underground use. They generally require open space to maneuver and I highly doubt the Dwarf holds would be suited for chariot use. Sayign the Gyrocoptors never made any sense to me either. Between their complete and total ridiculous lore and the models I'll probably never bother with them. I'd rather of hand Golems or a decent Anvil than Gyros.

Ogre's on the other hand... yeah. I think they should have one. The Wars with the Titans are a well established part of their lore. The only reason their cannons are mounted on chariots is because they were created by the Titans and are just to big or impractical to be mounted any other way. They are also so large that they cant forge balls big enough so they use them like giant shotguns by packing handfuls of normal cannonballs into the barrel. Overall they are really fluffy and Ogreish and fill a niche in the army that they really need.

They also come in at a fairly hefty price tag. You'd need to Rune Up a cannon with about 2-3 runes to make it cost the same as an Ironblaster and even then the Ironblaster is likely to explode due to it's much less reliable nature to our own cannons and it only has a 36" range. Sure it can move and shoot and yes it's half decent in combat but it's also a large target so it's rarely going to be able to hide itself from any retribution that may and probably will come it's way. 

The Skullcannon on the other hand is just a retarded joke. It's 35 points cheaper than the Ironblaster, comes with flaming magical attacks, 1 less wound, the same armour, a 5+ ward save and it's impact hits heal it! I honestly don't see why the Ironblaster get's so much stick when (in my eyes at least) it's fairly well rounded and balanced. The Skullcannon is totally OP and undercosted in comparison. 

Edited by MasterDisaster, 23 July 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#43 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Both of them are OP and because of that they make Dwarf and Empire player's lives hell. Tournament comp packs go overboard to try and compensate for mobile, deadly cannons and in exchange our normal (much saner, easier to kill and avoid) cannons get the shaft. 

#44 Paul.F

Paul.F

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

No cav! We are dwarfs! We fight shields locked next too clan and kin. We do not ride about on beasts! The damn steam tank should be a dwarf unit thats the bottom line. I'll settle for a golem, but no cav! 

Edited by Paul.F, 11 August 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#45 Foe-Hammer

Foe-Hammer

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

A cannon-chariot belongs with Dwarves more than it ever should with Ogres and Daemons, though there are too many of these in the game already.

I certainly agree that Daemons of Khorne should never have been given one. That idea was obviously concocted by some crack addled member of the GW developer team. 

<Stands up and slams beer mug down on the table>

This... this one infuriates me to no end.  A mobile demonic cannon/chariot that can move & shoot, heal itself and inflict impact hits on the charge.  Of all the armies to give this abomination to....   :realmad:

OK, mini rant over......    for now....  

#46 Essmir Ulv

Essmir Ulv

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

I have sketch up the tree ideas I did think was best quite slow and tanky(like a proper dwarf ) but not more boring infantery ;) ege4u8u2.jpg<br />-Engineer carriot <br />-Dwarf tank <br />-Statue golem

#47 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

I want a tank with a flame cannon or an Organ Gun option, perhaps with close combat smashy power like an Empire steam tank. 

#48 Reka Dvegrsson

Reka Dvegrsson

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

I wish there were more options for forces which shun the new dwarfen gadgets, such as Karak Hirn or even Norse dwarf options. For me that would mean runic golems, perhaps the use of animals (eagles/other birds/perhaps wooly rhinos and mammoths rather than bears). Just to add more flavour and variety - then again from a modelling perspective there's nothing stopping those things being made...

#49 stuntyogre

stuntyogre

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

That would be a cool way to add more to the army, pull stuff from the past or the outlying holds. Even just two to three units, one a new gadget the others tried and tested.

#50 Coldstone

Coldstone

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

As others have already mentioned, the stone golems would have been a nice addition.  I was pretty disapppointed to not see them in the new book after the rumors persisted for so long beforehand.  I would have also liked to see the return of the mobile anvil.  I recall with fondness my old anvil that could wheel itself around the battlefield.  Other than that I am fairly satisfied with what is in our book.

#51 Brogar Redaxe

Brogar Redaxe

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:04 AM

I think the new book was quite good with a few exceptions mainly the Anvil

however there a are a few good pipe dreams i would like to see

as for cavalry i think it will never happen; one it isnt a GW idea so the chances are slim to begin with, two the dwarf idea of being connected to the earth is ingrained in every dwarf means mounted dwarfs would be like those at sea or flying most struggle with it like in the Gotrek and Felix novels.

what i would like to see as a few have mentioned is light Warmachines like the skaven, i imagine ballista's, two crew attached to a unit. i mean if the skaven can do it surely the dwarfs can do it 10times better.

the stone golems would be great, i think maybe M5 so not too fast monstrous infantry as a rare with conditions like runelord must be present. they would add an interesting dynamic but i think ogre sized is best i dont think a giant sized monster fits with the dwarfs

lastly i would love to see the Zepplin/airship centre piece but i dont think it will happen, the centre pieces just do not seem to come the dwarfs way

#52 TheArmoredRock

TheArmoredRock

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

I'll have to agree with most things except Cav. I agree with others that I don't think it fits. If there would be Cav. I would want rams as mounts.

I love the idea of the drill or Large Zeppelin troop transport with some support weapons (broadside of clatter guns ).

My biggest wish though has to be to bring back the doomseekers. I would add another option for slayer units though in the form of explosive doomseekers. I love the fun of fanatics from goblins so here goes my idea:

Boom seeker (need a better name I know...)

35 points, up to 2 in unit of at least 20 slayers.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
* -- -- 4/6 4 1 1 * 9

Must be triggered when any enemy unit moves within 8" any unit charging a unit of slants must stop at 8" and resolve the effects of the Boomseeker. If the charging unit is not destroyed or forced to panic, it continues it's charge.

When triggered, place the model in base contact with it's containing unit and roll 2d6. The sum of the dice is the number of inches the Boomseeker move toward the unit that triggered their release.

The Boomseeker continues to move 2d6" in a random direction each of the controlling player's compulsory movement phase. If the roll of the dice is ever double 1, there is some type of mishap with the bomb and the Boomseeker explodes in place. Place the small round template over the Boomseeker. ANY models under or touched by the template immediately suffer a Strength 4 hit with the Flaming special rule. If double 1's are rolled when the Boomseeker is released, center the small round template on it's controlling unit and apply the damage as above.

If during its movement the Boomseeker contacts any unit, the Boomseeker explodes. Place the small round template so the center is over the Boomseeker. Models in base contact with the Boomseeker suffer a Strength 6 hit with the Flaming special rule. All other models touched by the Boomseeker's template suffer a Strength 4 hit with the Flaming Special rule. Character models effected by the Boomseeker may make a "Look Out Sir" roll just as a shooting attack.

If any doubles other than Double 1s are rolled for the Boomseeker's movement and it makes contact with a unit, resolve the damage as above with these additional rules; Models in base contact suffer Strength 6 hit with the Flaming Special rule, along with Multiple wounds D3, other models touched by the Template suffer a Strength 6 hit with the Flaming Special rule.

If at any point during its movement the Boomseeker makes contact with any terrain feature that is considered difficult or impassible, the Boomseeker explodes on contact. Hills do not cause the Boomseeker's to explode unless it touches a part of a hill that is considered difficult or impassible.

Once the Boomseeker explodes for any reason, it is removed as a casualt with no save of any kind allowed. Exploded Boomseeker's do not count for victory points unless it's original unit is feeling or destroyed. It's points are then counted as part of the unit.

#53 MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

Boomseekers! Yes! This needs to be a thing! I'd take hordes and hordes of Slayers if they existed!

#54 The Main Thane

The Main Thane

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Why the hell have other races got better units and armour than us? We should have the steam tank. Also 4up armour on all units. That would make me pretty happy. 3 up gromril as.

what i don't get is how other races can bring more war machines and more men than us? And its not that ours is more reliable because i get mine killed all the time by bloody rock lobbers and ironblasters.

#55 The Main Thane

The Main Thane

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

By better i mean technology wise in war machines and armour.

#56 Guest_Mountain_*

Guest_Mountain_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

I agree with Taxi that we should have runic weapon/armour options to our armies. Something like special runic options for Hammerers, Ironbreaker and Irondrakes there you can upgrade Hammerers hammer and armour same thing for Ironbreaker axe/hammer and armour, and Ironrakes too. So our elite infantry become more elite. And Gate Keeper and Giant Slayer should have this upgrades too for theirs point limit and other just can have one or maybe 2 of these runic options.

It just a idea for runic weapons and armour upgrades for Hammerers, Ironbreaker, Irondrakes and Giant Slayer and Gate Keeper have 2 of these if it fit theirs point limit to their weapons;

For weapons +1S, +1WS, +1A

For armour   +1T, -1 to hit, +1AS

I like idea have Ironbreaker with S5 and +2AS or Hammerers with 3A

Also I want Doomseekers options to Slayer, the old Anvil of Doom back and can join a units of infantry block, Runic lore for runesmith/runelord can choose one of three different augment boundspells and special equipment selections for Master Engineer there we can custom out ME with smiliar abilites that Grimm Burlocksons got but some other equipment too we can give ME. Should love have ME in a Gyrocopter or Gyrocopter. 

I want more options to our Dwarfs that we did not get in the new AB. Some new models to Dwarf, I say Zeppelin with ranged weapons options(Hoover) and Giant Golem perhaps is something like Tomb Kings Colossus but got higher AS and have MR.

I dont want cavarly to dwarf, we got Gyrocopters for that. Augment boundspells for runesmith/runelord and runic weapons/armour for our elite infantry. And the Dwarf-made rule in our AB should make possible for our dwarf move and fire with crossbow and handgun, if this are too powerful rule then let us roll dice or something. Maybe that on 2/3 or higher we can fire our ranged weapons and on 1 we cant fire this turn. But we should have something which make us more involved the movement phase.

#57 Novgord V

Novgord V

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

From the classic wishlist: Doomseekers and Goblin hewers.

Something that I find fitting: Mortars and Weapon teams

Something that would make a nice center piece: Bugmans chart (giving buffs to other units) or a Zeppelin.

#58 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

I wanna zeppelin too...., and a mining machine....

how does Bugman's "chart" buff other units exactly???

#59 Refah

Refah

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

I wanna zeppelin too...., and a mining machine....
how does Bugman's "chart" buff other units exactly???

The chart gives them directions to all the nearby taverns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#60 PoundTheClown

PoundTheClown

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

A new plastic kit that can be either flame cannon or a mining drill. The mining drill would be a chariot that causes an artillery dice of hits in combat, so it can misfire.

Potentially a dual kit for runic and engineering guild golems.

Also I'd like to see more offensive options for engineers like various types of grenades to use in close combat (smoke, flashbang, etc.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwarf, units, wish, need, want, gronti duraz, gronti, duraz, cavalry, magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users