Photo

Karak Eight Peaks Throng *update: Hammerers 25Th Jan15

karak eight peaks painting log belegar ironhammer gyropcopter longbeards shield bearers conversion lord on shield bearers

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Gitz_Bitz

Gitz_Bitz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Having finish the Thorgrim novella recently, I decided to paint up a Karak Eight Peaks themed army and thought what better place to share than Bugman's!

So far I've been painting 40 warriors, Belegar Ironhammer and a Gyrocoptor/bomber, but I keep getting distracted when new stuff comes in the post :) Anyways, pictures:

Just need to finish off the banner with the Karak Eight Peaks sigil and a small number of finishing touches.

Great-Weapon-Warriors1.jpg

Couple of highlights left for Belegar and he's done  :D I didn't like the back banner so I've left it off.

Belegar-Ironhammer-Front1.jpg

Belegar-Ironhammer-Back1.jpg

Rotor blades need a final highlight then this guys done (I magnetised all the weapons as well as the bomber part (I wrote a how to guide here for those interested: http://www.gitzbitz....rocopterbomber/)

Gyrocopter.jpg

More to follow soon. Right now I'm working on the following:

20 Quarellers/Thunderers

Lord Duregar on Shield Bearers (I'm excited about this one :))

Grudge Thrower

Bolt Thrower

2 Cannons/Organ Guns

Rune Priest

Hammerers

Longbeards with shields

All feedback appreciated!

Edited by Gitz_Bitz, 25 January 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#2 Bran Loki

Bran Loki

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Your warriors block is gorgeous! I wish mine would look at least half as good. I like Belegar too, but the pictures are so small, that it's hard to discern details - is that NMM there? I am not fan of new copters, so let me skip it :) Waiting for more, keep them coming.

#3 Reka Dvegrsson

Reka Dvegrsson

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Great work on the magnetizing, took a look at the article. Nice clean crisp painting on the warriors, they look like a great horde. Looking forward to seeing more!

#4 Stuntymike

Stuntymike

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

They look great, warriors particularly, looking forward to seeing more. Especially of Belegar.

#5 Gitz_Bitz

Gitz_Bitz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Thanks all! I am really happy with the Dwarf Warriors! Here's a few close up pictures:

Dwarf-Warriors-Close-Front1.jpg

Dwarf-Warriors-Close-Left1.jpg

Dwarf-Warriors-Close-Right1.jpg

And a close up on Belegar! @Bran Loki, no NMM (I'm not a fan of it, nor skilful enough to do it :) ):

Belegar-Ironhammer-Close1.jpg

Been painting today so more coming soon!

Edited by Gitz_Bitz, 11 July 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#6 Gitz_Bitz

Gitz_Bitz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

I added the Karak Eight Peaks sigil to the banner - my first attempt at freehand...any tips would be most welcome!

Dwarf-Warriors-Eight-Peaks-Banner-Close1

Eight-Peaks-Dwarf-Warrirors-With-Great-W

Next project is the paint up the Grudge Thrower crew to go with this:

Dwarf-Grudge-Thrower-Finished.jpg

#7 Wendersnaven

Wendersnaven

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Very nice. :yes  Thanks for sharing!

#8 BradleyKadrin

BradleyKadrin

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

Beautiful, neat, bold complementary colours!

I am into the silver helmet masks also, I've been doing mine in gold or bronze, yours gives a better tin-can effect i must say!

Thanks for sharing and i'll be following this army's progress.

#9 Gitz_Bitz

Gitz_Bitz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

So I'm going to show you what's holding up me finishing my Grudge Thrower crew - still a WIP but I'm really excited about it. 

Fellow Dwarfs I give you Lord Duregar (King Belegar's cousin) with his Shieldbearers:

Dwarf-Lord-on-Shielbearers-Conversion.jp

His weapon is magnetised so I can switch to an axe for "I swear too much" and giggles :)

I'm still toying with the shield; I might use a Tau drone body instead and I can't decide if the helmet wings are too large or not.

Thoughts?

#10 Reka Dvegrsson

Reka Dvegrsson

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

I personally like the wings. Yes they are pretty huge, but a dwarf lord should be impressive just like that!

I'm liking the shield-bearers construction, as you say something different for the shield itself might work better though... looking forward to see what you use and how it turns out as it may give me some pointers as what works  :thumbup:

#11 greenstuff_gav

greenstuff_gav

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

those rank and file are pretty special too! great job!

#12 ZannDrakk

ZannDrakk

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Like the look of the wings, be interested to see what you do with the shield

#13 Sanza

Sanza

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hey, superb helmet and wings. Where do they come from ?

S

#14 Gitz_Bitz

Gitz_Bitz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hey, superb helmet and wings. Where do they come from ?
S

Wings come from the griffon prince guy:http://www.gitzbitz....nce-on-griffon/ I just carefully cut them off his helmet :)

I might try it with the DV captain too and see which looks best: http://www.gitzbitz....angels-captain/

Head is this Longbeard: http://www.gitzbitz....gbeards-head-b/ with the two handed weapon arms.

And it's actually an Ironbreakers body as I wanted Gomril armour! I had to cut a nub off the back of the head to get them to fit together properly though.

#15 Gitz_Bitz

Gitz_Bitz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for all the positive feedback! Spurs me on to paint more!!

#16 Gitz_Bitz

Gitz_Bitz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Finally got around to finishing the Grudge Thrower Crew. There's something a lot nicer about painting metal...

Grudge-Thrower-1.jpg

Close up of the crew:

Grudge-Thrower-Crew.jpg

Had a bit of an issue with the cast on the engineer's face around the eye, so I decided to make it look like some Orc had poked it out:

Grudge-Thrower-Crew-Engineer.jpg

#17 rednorseman

rednorseman

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Great stuff so far. Really impressed. I have come to really like that color scheme.

cheers-

red

#18 Cradik Brightkiln

Cradik Brightkiln

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

Question about your Shield Bearers. What arms are you using for lofting the shield up? I see they are Hammerer parts for the most part, but I cant tell which arms those are.

I am wanting to make a lord on Shield Bearers as well, and I was planning to do something very similar.

#19 Gitz_Bitz

Gitz_Bitz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

Question about your Shield Bearers. What arms are you using for lofting the shield up? I see they are Hammerer parts for the most part, but I cant tell which arms those are.

I am wanting to make a lord on Shield Bearers as well, and I was planning to do something very similar.

Hey,

I'm using the right Longbeard drummer arm with the drum stick cut off and just a Longbeard shield arm.

#20 Cradik Brightkiln

Cradik Brightkiln

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

Hey,

I'm using the right Longbeard drummer arm with the drum stick cut off and just a Longbeard shield arm.

Wow, that is simple! Thanks!

And I do love the wings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: karak eight peaks, painting log, belegar ironhammer, gyropcopter, longbeards, shield bearers conversion, lord on shield bearers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users