• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Colin Miller

Colin Miller

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

I was playing a game against a friend who was playing Dark Elves. He cast some sort of spell that can reduce the ballistics score of a target. He choose my Organ gun, moving it's BS from a 3 to a 1. However, when I decide to shoot with it, I have an engineer nearby that I use Artillery Master with which says I can use his ballistics skill instead.

So to me it read that my OG's BS went from 3 to 1, but since my Engineer's BS was still at 4 and I use it instead of my OG's BS, that I'd be getting the full 4. I think this is right because the spell says it reduces the BS of the target, not that it gives -2 to hit.

Is my thinking correct? If so, an Engineer really does make it harder at least in that case to reduce the effectiveness of my OG by much (He could have targeted the engineer instead, in which case I would just use the default value).

#2 Birdbeard

Birdbeard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

The engineer is not part of the warmachine crew as a unit, so I believe you are correct. The crews BS became 1, but the engineer still has BS4.

I think he used the lore of shadow signature spell.

Edited by Birdbeard, 04 July 2014 - 05:24 AM.

#3 kelvenmore

kelvenmore

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

+1 I agree

#4 Folkvar Elfcrusher

Folkvar Elfcrusher

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Yeah, this exact situation occurred one time when I was playing my friend's lizardmen. I'd figured it out already, so I was sneaky and let him waste his dice on the spell. He he he! He was not happy about that...

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

#5 Grumpy Runelord

Grumpy Runelord

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

If the ME is within range he can use his BS on the Organ Gun. Then it does not matter how low the crew's BS is.
However - in a friendly game you should tell your oponment this BEFORE he cast the spell :-) It is only polite :-)

#6 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

i agree.... about the BS :yes .......not about being polite  :whistle:

#7 Bimli

Bimli

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

it's in the ME rules. so yes you get his full BS there should be no question or misunderstanding about it. Just show your friend your book and its rules.

#8 kgkid

kgkid

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

You played it right, no doubt to that. ME does not join the WM.
Little side note to that: 

ME could join a unit, and still help the machine if in range.

That said, mind that he should not join a shooting unit (if he has a shooting weapon himself, which is the most usual build), because if the unit shoots it counts as if he shot with them even if he is not in range (he would have to shoot, with them and at the same target).  

This, for Enduring Mountain strategy, might be a good way to protect the ME from shooting and MM (2+ is better then 4+ Lo,S!).

#9 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

on a side note, does anyone really take a handgun anymore since the MEng normally uses artillery master every turn.

#10 Gotrong Gudmundsson

Gotrong Gudmundsson

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Brace of Pistols, always. If something sneaks around to try and get the WMs, he can offer some decent shooting, SnS reaction and an extra attack in CC.

#11 Grim1

Grim1

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

that's how i roll too.

#12 kgkid

kgkid

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

My favorite build has been GW + Pistol + Ro Stone as the base.

Can shoot if needed, can choose between additional attack, or additional Strength...

#13 stuntyogre

stuntyogre

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

This interaction makes us almost immune to the BS reduction of Miasma since no matter what he casts it on the other will keep its default skill. The rule doesn't even say you have to use his skill if he decides to help them. So I'd let the spell go off and then use the best remaining skill and let the ME do his re-roll ability

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engineer, war machines, artillery master, rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users