Photo

Experience With, And Uses For The New Flame Cannon?

flame cannon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Foe-Hammer

Foe-Hammer

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

In a 1000pt list what would you guys rather have an Fc or an Og (specifically against O and G's)

Definitely the flame cannon vs. O&G...  big blocks of low Ld troops is perfect for the flame cannon.  It's great against infantry blocks and larger units like ogres (D3 wounds).

#22 Marauder guy

Marauder guy

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

Well looks like im digging out the old fc then. Im assuming i should target a unit of orcs next to ng's to cause both units to panic?

#23 Murphey

Murphey

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

The whoosh heard round the battlefield!

#24 Murphey

Murphey

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

I think you can do it but it really annoys me. It's not like a catapult, you shoot a fireball straight out. I'm not shooting that through my troops, it's as silly as swift-reforming into a building... Legal but I can't bring myself to do it :)

It's not so much a fireball as it is a stream of volatile, flammable liquid squirted out. Think more Greek fire for a ranged shot than Ol' Twiddleyfingers shooting a fireball hadoken style.

#25 Grumpy Runelord

Grumpy Runelord

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

I think you can do it but it really annoys me. It's not like a catapult, you shoot a fireball straight out. I'm not shooting that through my troops, it's as silly as swift-reforming into a building... Legal but I can't bring myself to do it :)

It's not so much a fireball as it is a stream of volatile, flammable liquid squirted out. Think more Greek fire for a ranged shot than Ol' Twiddleyfingers shooting a fireball hadoken style.

That's it! I am not doing it anymore!!!

#26 Foe-Hammer

Foe-Hammer

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

....Think more Greek fire for a ranged shot than Ol' Twiddleyfingers shooting a fireball hadoken style.

LOL!   :clap:

#27 datalink7

datalink7

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

I always imagined the flame cannon to be something like this when shooting at range:

http://youtu.be/0rpEO3oiuos?t=38s

#28 Foe-Hammer

Foe-Hammer

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

I always imagined the flame cannon to be something like this when shooting at range:

http://youtu.be/0rpEO3oiuos?t=38s

That's a great example with the arcing trajectory and the flame swath.  

#29 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

*shudder*

#30 Wendersnaven

Wendersnaven

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

Now I want a falming tank!  Anyone else wish the centerpiece was a tank? ... grumble grumble...

#31 Kurgaaz

Kurgaaz

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

I wish we had some kind of armored vehicule to field.

The army book is full of references to steam-powered drills and underground trains...

Why couldn't we have some kind of drill-chariot to throw at ennemy blocks... grumble grumble....

#32 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:30 AM

Wonder, whats your guys opinion on distance, like a canon ball, 10 inch in front of the back of the unit. My guess would be 5 inch + 8 inch (the length of the template) = 13 inch in front of the end of the unit, for a good roast?

#33 stuntyogre

stuntyogre

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:03 AM

I place it so that it starts as close to 9" away from the front of the target as possible. As long as it isn't a misfire you are guaranteed to hit at least one model as long as the target isn't a single rank of 20mm bases

#34 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

Putting it an inch or so in front of a unit makes it very likely to hit something if it has ranks, given the length of the template itself. 

#35 stuntyogre

stuntyogre

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

But how many units are 10, 8 or even 6 inches deep? Chariot bases are only 4" long and the biggest monster bases are 6". To each their own, we'll have to agree to disagree on methods here

#36 Salgar

Salgar

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

To each their own, we'll have to agree to disagree on methods here

You aren't disagreeing; you and Monty are just measuring from opposite ends of the template. ;)

#37 Gregaz Magnusson

Gregaz Magnusson

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

Used two Organ Guns back at the last battle brothers event at Warhammer World, Nottingham. Did horrendously. Since then have been using two Flame Cannon consistently, at first with Runes of Forging etc. but now just naked. Shot to damage ratio I have found to be much higher, what with automatic hitting being immense, I personally take these 100% over Organ Guns and Irondrakes these days. To be fat headed still have not lost a battle with them in! (Been playing Ogres, WoC, DoC, VC, HE) 

#38 Pellegrim

Pellegrim

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

Nice! I'm def. taking one next battle. Next to the Organ Gun, to compare ;)

My OG shot a unit of WoC of the board in turn one (panic) so not to unhappy about them :)

#39 Granitbeard

Granitbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

Now I want a falming tank!  Anyone else wish the centerpiece was a tank? ... grumble grumble...

If they give us Churchill tanks, I would be very happy.

so far the FC has been iffy for me. Got some hts on undead, but it is starting to go the way of my cannon.

#40 Rayn Oathforge

Rayn Oathforge

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

I had the most trouble in games Ive used it with keeping an open firing lane. Unlike GT's or OG's if you move up troops to block opposing troops you lose the ability to fire it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flame, cannon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users