3 replies to this topic

#1 The Grim Delver

The Grim Delver

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

I noticed that the new rune of luck allows rerolls to hit, to wound, armour saves, ward saves and now characteristic tests. Seeing as we seem to be a bit weaker in magic defense, does this make a rune of luck an auto-include as a kind of extra save for your general against dwellers or purple sun or other characteristic test based spells?

#2 Captn Morgrim

Captn Morgrim

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts
Contributor

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

On a related note, here's an interesting bit from the errata that me rumaddled brain remembered:

Command Groups
Q: Does the ‘Look Out Sir’ special rule apply against all spells
that use templates? (p93)

A: Yes.

Good to know, ain't it?

#3 Furstenburg

Furstenburg

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

I did not know that! Thankyou very much!

#4 Ok Okri

Ok Okri

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

I suppose it depends on how often you expect to be forced into taking that kind of test, how much of a risk it is, and how you want to kit your characters otherwise. My initial thinking was that that this would be a very useful rune to counter those killer spells, especially as our magic defence has dropped.

However, I don't often find myself loosing character to those spells, and am not settled yet on whether this will change with the loss of magic defence. My characters are not usually critical or expensive, and it may be that it just isn't worth the points, or compete highly enough with the other rune combinations. I'm yet to make up my mind!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rune, talisman, magic, ward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users