12 replies to this topic

#1 ogres_lair

ogres_lair

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Afternoon,

After seeing the artwork Ungrim Ironfist and finding all my slayers (I still dont know how I ended up with almost 90...)

I have decided to look at doing a slayer themed list.  This list will be for mainly friendlies and the occasional indyGT.

2500 points

Ungrim Ironfist

Runesmith w/ hand weapon and shield, rune of spellbreaking, rune of stone  93 pts

Runesmith w/ hand weapon and shield, rune of spellbreaking, rune of furnace, rune of stone 98 pts

19 Longbeards w/ hand weapon and shield, standard and musician 267 pts

19 Longbeards w/ hand weapon and shield, standard and musician 267 pts

38 Slayers w/ standard and musician, Master rune of Valaya, Strollaz's rune 576 pts

20 Slayers w/ standard and musician, Strollaz's rune

20 Slayers w/ standard and musician, Strollaz's rune and rune of sanctuary

Organ gun (Goblin Hewer)

Organ gun (Goblin Hewer)

2496 points

So Ungrim goes with the 38 Slayers in a Horde formation, the other 2 units of slayers go either 5X4 or up to 7 wide. and line up on the deploment line and stroll forward as far as they can without overreaching.

the runesmiths hang out with the longbeards and watch the flanks and the organ guns pick on whatever they can see.

I would have lovedsome slayer characters, but so far have not been able to fit them in.  So far I like it, what do ya'll think

later, ogre

#2 The Iron Bear

The Iron Bear

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

Seems like a nice fun list! Let us know of any heroic deaths that occur!

#3 JustinR

JustinR

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

Nice, in your face with a wall of slayers.

One thing though - those organ guns don't necessarily go well with 3 big blocks of vanguarding slayers. You'll be in their face straight away, potentially denying your OG's many viable targets from quite early in the game. Would you consider another combat block or a couple of gyros instead?

For the same cost as 2 OGs you could run 3 nude gyros or 1 vanguarding gyro and a bomber with points to spare.

#4 Rune of Might

Rune of Might

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

Slayer lists are always fun to play. I'm so happy that you can have multiple units noow. I really wish the new book would have shown more influencs from the slayer army from the storm of chaos. I would have liked to have a goblin hewer in my list.

#5 Saintspirit

Saintspirit

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

Slayer lists are always fun to play. I'm so happy that you can have multiple units noow. I really wish the new book would have shown more influencs from the slayer army from the storm of chaos. I would have liked to have a goblin hewer in my list.

Can't do anything but agree with you - Malakai was really a genious. Sigh...

Also, I would very much like to see one such list. I am building up a kadrin list myself, although I can't exactly say I have come this far yet. But it sure must be fun to play, both with and against. :yes

#6 Dolgrim Brassbottom

Dolgrim Brassbottom

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

I really like this and since my ambush list died with the new book Im looking for something different from the norm to play. I have a 2600 point tournament coming up and may steal this Idea. use the extra points to rune up the organ guns and add a few bodies. I with there was a slayer option for bsb. The ward to shooting would be great.

#7 landonelf

landonelf

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Awesome list and awesome idea. I love the old goblin hewer models, its a shame i never got one while they were easy to get.

Consider using Goblin hewers as Flame Cannons. Flame Cannons are much more suicidal in their nature, and there shooting effect is a little more random and fun.

I also recommend Quarrelers over the longbeards as coretax Runesmith bunkers. If your plan works correctly, then your longbeards won't have much to do. At least the quarrelers can rain some death :)

#8 Dolgrim Brassbottom

Dolgrim Brassbottom

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Do you have enough points in core? I think you need at least 625 points in core and you only have 534

#9 Rune of Might

Rune of Might

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:09 AM

Do you have enough points in core? I think you need at least 625 points in core and you only have 534

good point

#10 datalink7

datalink7

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

I was thinking something like this as well. Could be fun.

40 Longbears with Great Weapons, Full Command, and Stollaz is exactly 625 points. This gives you another solid block forward, as well as taking care of your core requirement.

#11 ogres_lair

ogres_lair

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

I knew something looked off.  You right I am short on core.  I will play around with the list at work tonight and repost when I have a vaild list.... :lol:

later, ogre

#12 Dolgrim Brassbottom

Dolgrim Brassbottom

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:59 AM

I dont have my book on me so Im doing this off the top of my head. combine the Two small slayer groups into one. the points saved off of the banner and standatd and musician will get you half way there. I would change the longbeard sheids to gw warrior for more bodies. things are looking good though

#13 ogres_lair

ogres_lair

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Lets try this again...

Ungrim Ironfist

Runesmith w/ HW and shield, rune of spellbreaking, rune of stone 93 pts

Runesmith w/ HW and shield, rune of spellbreaking, rune of furnace, rune of stone 98 pts

19 Longbeards w/HW and shield, musician and standard 267 pts

18 Quarrellers w/ shield and musician 244 pts

17 Quarrellers w shield and musician 231

39 Slayers w/ standard and musician. Master rune of Valaya and strollaz's rune 588 pts

21 Slayers w/ standard and musician. strollaz's rune 307 pts

21 Slayers w/ standard and musician, strollaz's rune and rune of sanctuary 322 pts

2500 points on the dot.

Ungrim with the 39 slayers in horde formation and the other two slayers line up 7X3 and stollaz's forward.

the quarrerlers line up 6X3 and watch the flanks and the longbeards support. 

I am tempted to drop a few bodies to fit a third runesmith in with a spell breaker, but I think that might be overkill.

No artillery, so I may need to look at inculding a few dragon slayers as monster hunters.  But I think the wall of slayers should be fun to play.

so what do ya'll think,

ogre

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slayers, 2500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users