3 replies to this topic

#1 Ironskar

Ironskar

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

Hi,

I am a gamer/hobbiest who likes to make my own models.  I have sculpted and cast a couple of units now (all in my blog, please take a look and comment) but have struggled with getting really good shields.  I must add here that I am also a Yorkshireman so I constantly challenge myself to do it all as cheap as possible!  My last unit of thunderers worked out at about 30p each and were all individual.  Anyway, I sculpted some shields and cast them using a press mould of Uymaru.  This was good but not as good as I wanted.  I then found shapeways.  Has anyone else tried this?  The picture below is my first design, comes in at 13mm diameter.  As soon as I get the actual cast I will post a picture.  This cost only $1.78 and as I own the design I plan to press mould it for a couple of pence each using miliput, but with postage from the US it is nearly E10, does anyone know of a UK company that does this?  Got any comments or advice?

gallery_13140_773_2803.jpg

This was from the following sketch.  If anyone is interested in doing this post below and I will go into more detail.

gallery_13140_773_12245.jpg

Edited by Ironskar, 02 March 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#2 Skorni_Thunderfist

Skorni_Thunderfist

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

I does my stuff myself (or use to)
A home made cast. And some resin. All good :)

#3 Oridur

Oridur

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

Why in "English" and not runes?

#4 Ironskar

Ironskar

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Why in "English" and not runes?

I could not find a similar font and when I tried to draw they they looked a bit pump.  Before making an order I might have another go. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shield, sculpt, 3d, shapeways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users