Photo

3K: Blast 'em And Reliably Clean Up In Combat.

mmu artillery banner bubbles anti magic anti monster

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BradleyKadrin

BradleyKadrin

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hey guys, just looking for a quick opinion on this list.

As to whether you think it would reliably destroy the enemy from afar, then have very fighty and unmovable units clean up whats left. A new look at the Castle Strategy.

2993p

Runesmith: shield, 2x Ro Spellbreaking, Ro Stone, Ro Parrying, General. 133

Runesmith: shield, Ro Spellbreaking, Ro Furnace, Ro Stone, Fiery Ring   133 

Runesmith: shield, Ro Spellbreaking, Horn of Vengeance, Ro Stone   133

Thane: Battle Standard, shield, 3x Ro Slowness     173

-------------------

19 Longbeards, shields, Standard, Musician, Ro Stoicism    302

19 Warriors: GW, FC    220

21 Warriors : GW, FC      240

--------------------

Gyrocopter: Steam Gun, Vanguard   100

23 Hammerers: Musician, Standard,  Mro Groth One-Eye         417

21 Hammerers: M, S, Mro Valaya    379

Cannon: Ro Forging, 145

Cannon: Ro Forging, Ro Burning 150            

Grudge Thrower: Ro Accuracy, 2x Ro Penetrating    150     

-----------------------

Organ Gun: Ro Accuracy, Ro Forging    170

Organ Gun: Ro Accuracy, Ro Burning   150

Attributes and Bonuses

Hammerers & BSB confer Stubborn on Warrior Units adjacent in 12”.

Enemy units charging the Hammerers, General and BSB get 2D6 Ro Slowness-ed, ASL.

Warriors with Runesmith give Devastating charge within 6” (Hammerers).

Gyro Vanguard moves 12” at start of game, protecting against WM hunters.

I'm going to try and make an army with 5 Stubborn units that are offensive.

All Hammerers accept challenges with General in unit, protecting General and BSB. General's Ro Parry also protects. 

Longbeards are Stubborn.

Movement Phase:

Silver Horn   Devastating Charge

Big Hammerers: Triple Rune of Slowness means maximised potential for charging and attacks, alongside the Silver Horn,                             lots of attacks with the army's Great Weapons, with the enemy striking simultaneously with mine.

Any enemy touching them will have ASL on the first round so this is great for combo charges.

Magic Phase:

Opponent Phase:  Channel Dispel Dice for 3 Runesmiths, MR(1) on units w/Runesmiths.

2 dispel scrolls, 1 "Spell-Eater scroll", 4+ bonus on dispel attempts.

Own Magic Phase:  Auto-Dispel all RIP Spells on 3+.

Shooting Phase:

Fiery Ring of Thori, also usable in Combat.

Doubles as protection on the flank from WM hunters, scouts if I get lucky.

2x Cannons:        Flaming, Rerollable art. dice on misfire. Monster Slayers!

GT:                      S4, Once/game reroll of To Wound. Rerollable scatter dice. infantry masher.

2x OGs:               Flaming, Reroll art. dice on misfire. +1 to hit.  flank deterrents, chaff destroyers.

Gyro Steam Gun template for terrorising lightly armoured/low T troops.

Set Up

Fiery Ring in Longbeards.

Silver horn in 19 Warriors

Runesmith (General) and BSB in big Hammerers

Optimal Deployment

OG    LB(f)    W   H(bsb)   W(s)   H    OG

C                   GT           Gyro    C

(f) is Fiery Ring Runesmith

(s) is Silver Horn Runesmith

The Hammerers will try to give Stubborn on both Warrior units adjacent.

The Silver Horn bolsters the Warriors nearby Hammer units with Devastating Charge, charges which I should be able to get off easily with the Rune of Slowness in the centre of army.

Fiery Ring protects the opposite flank of the army than Gyro

Longbeards' Panic reroll bubble is useful if Warriors stray from BSB's bubble.

Basically this army is means to be RELIABLE, synergistic and Competitive. 

Edited by BradleyKadrin, 27 February 2014 - 02:15 AM.

#2 Rune of Might

Rune of Might

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Two quick things of note,

1. Do you really need 3 runes of Slowness on your BSB? The third rune can be better spent on a rune of battle. If your whole army has great weapons and has the ASL rule then why would you want to give the same rule to them? Odds are they will have higher initiative and will still strike before you anyway.

2. The Organ Gun can only have 50 points of runes on it and Accuracy, Forging, and Burning are 5 points too many. The Gun will do just fine in the list with out the latter.

Edited by Rune of Might, 25 February 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#3 BradleyKadrin

BradleyKadrin

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

Thank you, the Organ guns will indeed have to be adjusted! oops. - I put the Ro Burning onto the second OG and, done.

If all models have always strike last then they strike simultaneously not on initiative order. This is why losing casualties in this situation doesn't hurt the units as much since they will always get to attack (be it in horde or only 2 ranks of attackers). Having multiple medium-sized units means that maximising how much swing they get (with GW) really matters.

#4 Rune of Might

Rune of Might

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

oops! My bad. I don't have my BRB handy :blushing: 

#5 Helgar Phoenix Slayer

Helgar Phoenix Slayer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

I'm liking this list quite a lot. The only tweak I'd think about is the BSB. He's very squisky for a 273 pt award. You might find you can keep him safe and all is well. If not, you could consider giving slowness to the hammerers, and give the BSB some runic defence, rather than banner (would obv mean losing valhala). In terms of keeping your BSB safe, I would decline a challenge with him, rather than using a hammerer to accept; takes him out of harms way nicely.

#6 Griff

Griff

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

I'm liking this list quite a lot. The only tweak I'd think about is the BSB. He's very squisky for a 273 pt award. You might find you can keep him safe and all is well. If not, you could consider giving slowness to the hammerers, and give the BSB some runic defence, rather than banner (would obv mean losing valhala). In terms of keeping your BSB safe, I would decline a challenge with him, rather than using a hammerer to accept; takes him out of harms way nicely.

The BSB cannot take any runic defense unless it is on the banner as they are prohibited from any other runes.

To the main list:

Another thought for one of the organ guns would be to drop the rune of accuracy and forging for rune of penetrating and add in an engineer.  If you place him within 3" of both the organ gun and cannon, you may be able to get away with removing a rune of forging from a cannon with minimal extra risk.  IMO, the bonus Str on the OG trumps the extra risk, just fire the OG first.  Since you probably added the rune of fire to the second cannon just to get another rune of forging, you can save another 5 pts there. 

Personally, I think that the 3rd rune of slowness is overkill, but I can see where you're going with it.  Please report results :)

For deployment, I'd move the gyro off to the right, just to block locations for opponent scouts to deploy.  Personally, also a fan of adding in a small (5) rangers unit because if your opponent's vanguard goes first, this can mess up your own vanguard move.  Little extra safety (and more shooting) at (IMO) minimal cost.  Not sure where to get the points for it, but I don't run 3 runesmiths.

~Griff

#7 Helgar Phoenix Slayer

Helgar Phoenix Slayer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I meant taking a BSB with normal runes (armour, talisman), rather than a runic banner. Its one of those things I think everyone is thinking about at the moment. There's some great banner combos you can give your BSB, but then you're left with only gromril and shield to protect yourself.

5 rangers are nice ... but then I think ... screw it, I'll just take another gyro :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mmu, artillery, banner bubbles, anti magic, anti monster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users