in retrospect, i shouldn't have made that post, but anyway...
today i made the boards to cover up the lower decks, what will give it a more ship-like look. each board was 36mm in length.
because i had to made several, i made some kind of cutting frame:
about an hour and several cutting disks later (those sticks wear them out pretty quickly) i had a fair amount of boards:
and now to my weird post. as i progressed i realised my ship's not gonna look half as cool as the thunder-barge, or any of the other models. so, i came up with an innovative propelling system, combining old and new world methods
first, get a soda can. then, drink the soda, cut the top, wash up and let it dry:
remove the bottom and cut length-wise:
using a gas-soldering iron, with it torch head, slowly heat up the can on a straight surface, like a floor. go back and forth, right to left while putting some weight on each half of the can as you move along. the reason for this is to release the springiness of the can, so it can be used.... later, after it had set and cooled off
to be continued