722 replies to this topic

#161 Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

"You will be able to see both of these publications in Games Workshop stores and many independent stockists around the world on Saturday 1st February."

That's correct. It was a misunderstading between me and the GW manager I talked with, I had an email confirm yesterday for my pre-order products and I'm receiving both WV and WD today or tomorrow to be sold from February the 1st. Sorry for that.

Prices in Italy are those I posted. If you look at differences beetween countries are minimal (Thorgrim 40 € in Italy and Spain, 39€ in Germany and France), so they should not change much.

40€ is for the dual kit hammerers/longbears so yes, it's a dual kit not hammerers only.

#162 Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

If it's really going to be 40 EUR, it's hardly cheaper than forge world models. I'm comparing with Infernal Guards (about 44 EUR for ten). But the forgeworlds models are way prettier!

FW Dwarf Command Set it's 31£ for 3 models and they are awful. The champion is one of the worst dwarf slayer model I ever seen. 

#163 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

If it's really going to be 40 EUR, it's hardly cheaper than forge world models. I'm comparing with Infernal Guards (about 44 EUR for ten). But the forgeworlds models are way prettier!

FW Dwarf Command Set it's 31£ for 3 models and they are awful. The champion is one of the worst dwarf slayer model I ever seen. 

I think it's personal taste - I've got the FW command set, and think they're just wonderful, and I personally much prefer them to the mainstream GW offerings. They are a different style, I like them a lot, but I can understand why others don't. Technically they are really good, with a really high level of detail, well above what the normal GW figures have.

They are cheaper than mainline GW offerings though, which is scary. The new characters coming out will all be £12+.each. 

#164 Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

The champion has no neck. He's deformed. Most of the other FW miniatures are awesome (but expensive), but that one..well I can't event look at that. 

L29wmDN.jpg

#165 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

I can see why you think that, but the figure 'in hand' looks much more like he's crouched waiting to spring than 'deformed'. Yes, all 3 of the FW dwarf command are a bit hunched compared to the normal GW dwarfs, but it really isn't as pronounced as the photos on the website suggest, and they don't look at all out of place in the rest of my army (mostly 5th/6th ed metals, some current plastics). The BSB and lord both have large fur capes and shoulder armour which artificially raises the height of their shoulders relative to their head, for instance. I can understand why you don't like them, but it is a style thing. Technically the models are extremely detailed, and the price is lower than for mainline GW characters.

#166 Kargrim

Kargrim

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Say what you will, but I love the Hammereres. I think I will fianally stop being a potential thane, and will start collecting a proper throng. This is, so to speak my childhood dream. I only play 40k greenskins, but now I'm very excited about jumping onto the Fanasy train :)

Edited by Kargrim, 28 January 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#167 Grimgi Ironside

Grimgi Ironside

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

It remains hilarious to me that most Dawi players here remain true to the Dwarven spirit: "What, new models? They're ugly, there's not enough meat on their bones, they're too skinny, not like the models we used to have in my day! Why lad, those were proper hammerers, a coat of chainmail and a big mattock. If it was good enough for my father and his father before him then it's good enough for me.grumble grumble grumble". :D

Or the more morderate, 'Well they're not too terrible looking' or 'Now lets not be hasty'.

I'm guessing those more moderate tendencies are from the Engineers rather than the Runesmiths however :-D

#168 Zhent

Zhent

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

I'm more irritated by the lack of a codex in the first wave than I am about the models, in either direction. I made sure to fill out my ironbreakers prior to the new models, so now I only have to consider expanding my warriors, collecting an anvil, and looking at another GT / new warmachine. But I would sure like to know what everything does before I start spending considerable amounts of money. I've been burned by my Dark Angels too many times...

#169 evanger

evanger

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Dwarven (or now is it dwarfen?!? :thumbup: ) Pride to the rescue!

hdoj.jpg

Just add those facemasks and there good to go!

I for one have loads of 'em.

DP

Wow!

Adding those masks makes all the difference!

Great job, and thank you!

#170 evanger

evanger

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

It remains hilarious to me that most Dawi players here remain true to the Dwarven spirit: "What, new models? They're ugly, there's not enough meat on their bones, they're too skinny, not like the models we used to have in my day! Why lad, those were proper hammerers, a coat of chainmail and a big mattock. If it was good enough for my father and his father before him then it's good enough for me.grumble grumble grumble". :D

This is, of course, why I love to play and collect Dwarfs!

Gives you a built-in (and completely thematic) reason to grumble!!! :rant:

#171 evanger

evanger

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

And is It just me or do they scream WoW Dwarf Paladin?

*ahem* Regarding the Warcraft / Warhammer similarities, I completely agree with the sentiments of this comic: http://www.penny-arc...omic/2006/04/10

Very, very funny frnkstn!

Gamers can be a passionate (and eloquent) bunch. Sometimes.

#172 Yorri Damminson

Yorri Damminson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

I agree. With the masks they look 10 times as good. They may be worthwhile afterall. :P

#173 Darek Frostbeard

Darek Frostbeard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

And is It just me or do they scream WoW Dwarf Paladin?

*ahem* Regarding the Warcraft / Warhammer similarities, I completely agree with the sentiments of this comic: http://www.penny-arc...omic/2006/04/10

Sir, I am greatly offended. Never ever have I stated that Warhammer ripped of WoW. (blasphemy)  I merely pointed out that the aesthetics presented on said models leaned more towards the characteristics of the latter.

Pistols at dawn!

#174 kaput

kaput

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

FvEKpmw.jpg

KrLNqT4.jpg

xbK33uk.jpg

L16xyTF.jpg

#175 the bearded one

the bearded one

The Spammer King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Holy ****

Those longbeards.

Holy.

#176 kaput

kaput

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

I wasn't sure before... but now I'm absolutely grabbing some Longbeards.

#177 SpanishBeard

SpanishBeard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Well, I'm simply in love with the new models so far.  :shock:

#178 Yorri Damminson

Yorri Damminson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

I really, really, really, really, ..., really, really like those Longbeards !!

Those shields, drool. But it is the entire models that I like.

They look awesome compared to the Hammerers that even with the addition of facemasks only look good.

#179 the bearded one

the bearded one

The Spammer King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

It's supposed to be a multi-kit, so you may be able to cherrypick the Longbeards' heads and give them the hammerers' hammers.

#180 @allmyownbattles

@allmyownbattles

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

They're much better than what we've seen so far. I'm still not sure what they'll look like next to existing models.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users