722 replies to this topic

#21 Darkblade

Darkblade

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

The slayer's pose  is slightly reminiscent of the DE assassin.

#22 Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

The reason why the helmets aren't nice is new yet their making one kit for hammerers and ironbreakers so the helmets suit ironbreakers but not hammerers

False. The kit is hammerers/longbeards not hammerers/ironbreakers. 

#23 Helblindi

Helblindi

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

The faces look odd, but I'm thinking maybe the sculpts were intended to have helmet-masks and the painter didn't realise and fainted flesh around the eyes. I think painting it as a mask would make them look better.

And yes, if this is all the variation we're getting, I'm breaking out the knife and green stuff.

#24 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

I actually am quite a fan of these models. They have a Grim Hammer-ish feel to these models, and I'll definitely get them.  The Slayer on the other hand...

Oh well, I'll still get have a dozen of them.

Hopefully these models will look good in a throng.

Edited by Thorgrimtheunyielding, 25 January 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#25 SpanishBeard

SpanishBeard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

The reason why the helmets aren't nice is new yet their making one kit for hammerers and ironbreakers so the helmets suit ironbreakers but not hammerers

False. The kit is hammerers/longbeards not hammerers/ironbreakers. 

But isn't that just a rumor? I mean, seen that hammerers (which I like a lot), I'd say they can easily go in a dual kit with Ironbreakers.

#26 punkycloud

punkycloud

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Iron breakers apparently will be fully encased ie no beard / face and be a separate kit. It makes sense that the hammerers will be in a kit with the longbeards and considering that we know longbeards are likely to be first (wd cover leak) and we've just seen hammerer pictures it seems very likely that this is the case

#27 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

The hammerers look almost exactly like ironbreakers, but GW have decided to give dwarfs more human faces. I'm not really impressed this is hardly giving dwarfs there own image beyond short humans.

The slayer, well if it wasn't for the fact he had two axes I would have assumed he was Gotrek, stripped trousers and all. I doubt the whole unit will be like this. Personally as a rule I find models leaping off random bits rather odd. As a stand alone model it looks good, as unit unit on a flat battlefield it looks like the model is dragging around a special rock just for it to jump off.

#28 Dawi95

Dawi95

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

On the subject of monopose hammerers - have a look at the DE release. It seems GW are going for being able to rank up models easily over variable poses, which is probably the right decision in my opinion. Trying to rank up my Warriors/Quarrellers is painful enough.

#29 @allmyownbattles

@allmyownbattles

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Anyone got any more pics yet? Of all the ranges do far, the worst one for me has been the Warriors of Chaos. The Slaughterbrute was a kid's toy, as were the dragon ogres and the forsaken were just plain awful. Even with those I still liked 50% of the new models.

So far with these new dwarf leaks I'm not keen on anything. Please don't let the army I love get the only range of models where I don't like anything.

#30 MaghDhoum

MaghDhoum

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Well, that's good.

Those Hammerer/Ironbreaker/ Longbeard whatevers look like "I Swear too much". I'm good with my metal Longbeards and Ironbreakers. 

And I'm sure I'm not the only one having that same thought. Little heads with no character, like those plastic warriors. 

So far, so good. Though i am gonna get me a new Anvil…..

#31 Blackthorne

Blackthorne

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

On the subject of monopose hammerers - have a look at the DE release. It seems GW are going for being able to rank up models easily over variable poses, which is probably the right decision in my opinion. Trying to rank up my Warriors/Quarrellers is painful enough.

I think that's the wrong way to go. The current hammerers aren't that bad except that they all have the same pose...they practically look like clones! The one thing I want out of the new sculpts is for some variety and to be a bit more dynamic. These hammerers are nice but are looking a bit too uniform for my taste.

#32 Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Im not following each and every topic so Im sorry if it's already been posted. It's a Belegar WD cover where we can se more and better than the first appeared few days ago :)

3t6fffl.jpg

#33 Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

But isn't that just a rumor? I mean, seen that hammerers (which I like a lot), I'd say they can easily go in a dual kit with Ironbreakers.

Hammerers/Longbeards. Ironbreakers will be in a sprue with a new heavy armor fire unit.

#34 Marauder guy

Marauder guy

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

That back banner looks huge. The hammerers look okayyy:/ the slayer looks like you might be able to make snorri with a weapon swap and head shave. I really hope they dont break up the releases into weekly releases( i want them all and i want it now) hope somebody has some more pics of any new units:-)

#35 Brodir Redhand

Brodir Redhand

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

That back banner is ridiculous. Homage to fluff is ok; but this reeks of a designer bereft of ideas on how to make a small figure imposing. I bet he did the lizzy skinkpriests as well. At least they looked right with big feathery cloaks and headdresses.

I reckon he had ANTMUSIC  playing in the background; " Prince Charming, Prince Charming....ridicule is nothing to be scared of.."

Hero will be using the Master Rune of Adamant as well.. ;)  :thumbup:

BR

Edited by Brodir Redhand, 26 January 2014 - 01:49 AM.

#36 Granitbeard

Granitbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

I like how every one whines for new hammerers and when we get them, they hate them... They aren't the best they could of done but I like them more then what is "current". They have a LotR/Hobbit feel to them.

Perhaps the slayer is in said pose as they will be changing the slayer rules so something in a pose like that is more fitting to their new style (and yes I am thinking skirmishers here). Other wise it is ok if not kind of agile for a dwarf, Also kind of reminds me of the slayer from the WAR MMO trailers.

The new kings banner is kind of a turn off tho.... the rest of it looks good to me.

#37 Scumb4g

Scumb4g

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

I'm actually quite happy that I am not so impressed at first sight, it will make it easier for me to not overspend my budget. I am also thinking about the possibility to use the Hammerers as normal warriors but will have to do some converting (maybe take of the gems for starters to make them look a bit less royal). Just wondering if it would be to confusing armor wise.

#38 Dawi95

Dawi95

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:41 AM

I think that's the wrong way to go. The current hammerers aren't that bad except that they all have the same pose...they practically look like clones! The one thing I want out of the new sculpts is for some variety and to be a bit more dynamic. These hammerers are nice but are looking a bit too uniform for my taste.

True, but even from the poor pics we've got so far these are looking 10x better than the god-awful models we've had until now. Give a few different head options and maybe a little flexibility in arm position and I'll be a very happy Dawi. The detail and heavily armoured look of the new plastics looks brilliant, even if there's not quite as much variety as some may have hoped (although seeing only 3 models out of the unit makes it hard to judge).

#39 Brodir Redhand

Brodir Redhand

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

True, but even from the poor pics we've got so far these are looking 10x better than the god-awful models we've had until now. Give a few different head options and maybe a little flexibility in arm position and I'll be a very happy Dawi. The detail and heavily armoured look of the new plastics looks brilliant, even if there's not quite as much variety as some may have hoped (although seeing only 3 models out of the unit makes it hard to judge).

Armour looks spot on for LongBeards; warriors would be plainer coz they are not as elite/rich/privileged

Most new box sets have tended to be 10x, with generally 5x variants of bodies/heads for mix'n'match; so should be able to get ample variety,and rank up well.

BR

#40 the bearded one

the bearded one

The Spammer King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

Two of the three hammerers we've seen have the same face-option too, but there are undoubtedly several more in the kit, we just havent seen them yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users