36 replies to this topic

#21 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Closing this because its the second topic regarding this. 

http://www.bugmansbr...ow/#entry455918

Decided to Merge the posts to keep everyone's thoughts together - Khazadson

Edited by Khazadson, 15 January 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#22 bearpaws

bearpaws

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

after assembling the rangers: i dont like it ^^ I LOVE the look, love the idea but if you look closly: not an arm holding the banner: only a hand: a very small point for adhesive and very very fragile.

allready my bows from the pathfinder set break easy because they are only glued on hands. it even to small for pinning =(.

Maybe gut off the Hand, ad the banner to his back with pinning and a metall rod. Would be a possible convertion for me.

Will it be available for Kickstar only - or for purchase over the store?

#23 Khazadson

Khazadson

Dwarf King

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

If I remember correctly it was a specific item in the Indiegogo campaign. So you had to pledge specifically for it. I guess that's what makes it a limited edition.

I agree with the comments above. The banner is way too huge. I wish it could be split into four, even half will be too big and awkward. Perhaps it could be attached to something larger than a Dwarf. Maybe when the new GW stuff comes out there will be something I can stick it to.

I'm not sure I like the beard either. Felix pulls that one out every now and then and I really wish he wouldn't.

#24 bearpaws

bearpaws

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I would understand that, but ad a businessman - cant believe they would only make it for this small amount of people ^^

#25 Khazadson

Khazadson

Dwarf King

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

I would understand that, but ad a businessman - cant believe they would only make it for this small amount of people ^^

Without the Limited Edition Standard Bearer, which was a last minute addition to the campaign, the whole campaign may have failed. So as a businessman, I understand why they did it.

Another Pic:

http://www.avatars-o...standard_en.jpg

Also the forum link for anyone that wants to track it themselves:

http://www.avatars-o...&p=13388#p13388

#26 sanj

sanj

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

Without the Limited Edition Standard Bearer, which was a last minute addition to the campaign, the whole campaign may have failed.

Sorry to bring this up again but that isn't true.

The Goal for the project was $20,000 and it made almost $40,000.

If I remember correctly the campaign had already met its goal before the ltd ed model was added.

In any case the ltd ed standard was added as a last minute pledge and 'only' raised about $4,000 of the final total.

dwarf_battle_standard_en.jpg

Now that I do really like.

I'd probably stick to just one row of banners though.

#27 Xandar

Xandar

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Even if it did help the campaign, it was a limited miniature, for backers. If now it becomes available to everyone, how will feel people about the company ?

If you wanted it, you just had to pledge when it was accessible, or wait until one appears on Ebay.

#28 Montegue

Montegue

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Looking at that army, i can honestly say it's worth consideration for my next throng. However, that depends entirely on new GW models. The forge world bsb is a bit better than this one, in my opinion, but that's just personal taste. Both are excellent sculpts.

#29 Theatralic

Theatralic

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

It was about time, I had pledged  only beacause of that guy and was getting a little bit unnerved by the lack of updates, it was back in 2012 when we pledged for that mini.

Nice to see he is coming along, I like his look, but I would even consider to use his Banner on that old limited BSB from GW, one of my favourie minis of all time and I like him more than this one, only the "Banner" wasn`t epic enough for my taste.

#30 bearpaws

bearpaws

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Well, i guess AOW set there own nail in the coffin.

They release at a very slow pase, customer service is abysmal (sending products 6 weeks after payment), the products are detailed but a pain to assemble, a lot of failcast and in case of finecast very expensive.

This all worked while the dwarves where abondend by GW. But now, since a new range will come out soon, and looking at the quality of the latest releases, the trump AOW in every perspective. The big hope i had for AOW was the BSB and the doomcrusher's. BSB being limited and the demolishers not close to release i dont see them making enough money. Since most backers paid 1 year ago - i dont know if the few orders outside of backers will make then enough money.

Sad to see a company go under because of questionable businessdesisions and the lack of speed to compete with the big ones. even Scribor releases new Dwarf which are cheaper and of higher quality wihtin the next half a year.

Well i guess backers can still hope, Felix keeps his promises even if the money flow stops. Lets all hope

Edited by bearpaws, 19 January 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#31 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Anyone else notice the unit on the far left has a dwarf model in the front rank that has fallen over? Pretty sloppy if they are using this to advertise their range. Interesting they've got their "rangers" as skirmishers.

#32 Dirken Thorn

Dirken Thorn

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

They need to put some effort into those movement trays.  I coughed up big money for this project and haven't seen anything for it yet.

#33 bearpaws

bearpaws

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

And you probably wont, since the  oney starts running low. But hope dies last.

#34 Aberrant

Aberrant

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

dwarf_battle_standard_en.jpg

Now that I do really like.

I'd probably stick to just one row of banners though.

now that is a lot of dwarf sculpting for only one guy! my helmet's off to him!

#35 Helblindi

Helblindi

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

Indeed, and every model I've seen up close looks awesome, however hard it may be to assemble. It's sad that all with all his work on the ironshields, they don't sell them anymore. Does anyone know if they will come back as plastics?

#36 mojoslayer

mojoslayer

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

Ironshields and Bronzeshields will return in plastic.  I was told my bronze shields would be shipped June 14. 

#37 Foe-Hammer

Foe-Hammer

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

That's a great shot of the Dwarf range from AoW. The banner still looks a little too big, but that's just me. :)

Good to hear that the Ironshields and Bronzeshields will be shipping in June!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: avatars of war, indiegogo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users