25 replies to this topic

#21 Drarz

Drarz

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Dwarfs never struck me as seafaring; the flying ship would probably not be the natural technological progression.

I think a massive stone structure with an ancestor statue on it that is continuously shooting lightning from its surfaces is not exactly a "technological progression".

I would assume we're talking the realm of magic exclusively...

True. I was reference the structure that looks like a Long ship.

#22 Granitbeard

Granitbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

I feel that we wont see some Massive Runic (Magical) Flying thing. I think most army books now show really really big things that aren;t in any book, but are just there.

Bounds spells wont end things for me, but I think really going "runic automation" like things will make things a little too Warmahordes and make me not like it some much. BUT if it looked really cool and Dwarf then I might change my mind ( I keep thinking about Thunderwolves.... like the idea of dreadnaught like wolves, but not superhumans riding giant wolves).

#23 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

I feel that we wont see some Massive Runic (Magical) Flying thing. I think most army books now show really really big things that aren;t in any book, but are just there.

Bounds spells wont end things for me, but I think really going "runic automation" like things will make things a little too Warmahordes and make me not like it some much. BUT if it looked really cool and Dwarf then I might change my mind ( I keep thinking about Thunderwolves.... like the idea of dreadnaught like wolves, but not superhumans riding giant wolves).

Bound spells I can see happening, pay so much for a rune that contains a "spell".

Runic Automations and Golems ARE  in dwarf fluff from 1st edd WFRP they are normaly guards for parts of holds, so I could see them coming onto the battle field as well. To be fair I could see a dwarf style drednought coming into being, seeing as Burlock Dammison has made himself an alcohol powered arm, I'm sure he could make the rest of a body.

#24 Granitbeard

Granitbeard

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

I am not saying it is bad and know it is part of the fluff (from what I remember in ones and twos, not units of 12+) but if we go full on Squat, and just change or weapon names to something more golden throne sounding, I would probably stop, or play lists that don't work well.

#25 Ssword1995

Ssword1995

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

on the same page as the flying lightning thing on the first page of this thread if you look in the lower right corner there's a huge magic driven golem looking thing bashing some orcs into paste :) also would dwarf runesmiths be able to channel regular magic through their staffs? i could see an ancient runelord out on the battlefield grounding spells through the runes in his staff or collecting them in the staff to like shoot out lighting bolts or something? or maybe cause an earthquake?

#26 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

I am not saying it is bad and know it is part of the fluff (from what I remember in ones and twos, not units of 12+) but if we go full on Squat, and just change or weapon names to something more golden throne sounding, I would probably stop, or play lists that don't work well.

I think generally there were just a hand full, but then its WFRP anything more than 3 things and your PCs will be struggling. I can see them being on 40x40 bases and have a unit of 2-3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magic, bound spells, resistance, dispel dice, winds of magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users