3 replies to this topic

#1 Greyhnir

Greyhnir

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

First, I apologize if this is in the wrong place, mods please move if it needs to be.

OK, this weekend my buddy and I are going to be playing a 2v2 battle against some of our friends.  I play Dwarfs (obviously) and he plays lizards...I'm looking for some advice on how to build my Dwarf force.  We haven't set down the exact specifics yet, but I believe we are looking at 1500-2000 per player, 3k-4k per side.

Here is what I have available (note I have listed my units in two categories of "fully painted" and "not fully painted"...in a perfect world I'd like to minimize the "not fully painted" units...but I'm willing to listen to any and all advice-and I can potentially get something more painted up in the next week):

Fully Painted:

Lords/Heros

1 Runelord/Runesmith w/shld

1 Standard Bearer

1 Master Engineer w/Handgun, Pistol, GW

Core

36 Dwarf Warriors w/GW FC

18 Dwarf Quarreller Rangers w/Shlds FC

14 Dwarf Quarrellers w/Shlds FC

Special

10 Miners FC (Steamdrill)

1 Cannon

Rare

1 Organ gun

1 Gyrocopter

Not Fully Painted:

Lords/Heros

1 Lord/Thane w/shld

1 AoD

Core

20 Dwarf Warriors w/HW&Shlds FC

11 Dwarf Quarrellers w/Standard & Musician

Special

17 Miners FC

10 Slayers FC

1 Cannon

Rare

1 Organ gun

Friends/Ally’s Army:

Lords/Heros

1 Oldblood/Scar vet on foot

2 Skink Priests

1 Skink hero

1 Tetto’Eko (special char)

Core

20 saurus w/spear FC

16 saurus w/HW&S FC

12 skink w/blowpipe & Champ

12 skink w/Jav&Shld & Chmp

Special

1 Bastilidon w/Solar En

8 Saurus Calv w/ spear FC

2 Jungle Swarms

10 Temple Guard FC

1 Stegadon w/Giant Bow 

Rare

Enemy Lizardmen Army:

Lords/Heros

1 Oldblood/Scar vet on foot

2 Skink Priests

1 Skink hero

1 Slann

Core

25 saurus w/spear FC

12 skink w/blowpipe & Champ

Special

20 Temple Guard FC

1 Stegadon w/Giant Bow 

3 Kroxigor

Rare

1 Ancient Stegadon w/EotG

1 Troglodon

Enemy Tomb Kings Army:

Lords/Heros

1 Tomb King/Tomb prince on foot

1 Liche Priest/Lord on foot

1 Apophus (special char)

Core

16 Skeleton Warriors w/HW&Shld FC

16 Skeleton Archers FC

3 Skeleton Charriots FC

8 Skeleton Horse Archers FC

Special

3 sepulchral stalkers

2 Tomb Swarms

Rare

1 Necrosphinx

1 Casket of Souls

Edited by Greyhnir, 04 November 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#2 Ok Okri

Ok Okri

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well, I'd suggest talking to your team mate about your overall battle plan and how you can best use your forces together. For example, lizzies will handle magic, but a runesmith/lord with balance and a spellbreaker will help with shutting down your opponents magic phase (which will cause problems for the TK). You can provide cannons and infantry, and the lizzies can provide monsters and skirmishing shooters.

From what you have I'd say you'd be best off with a runesmith/lord, possibly with the anvil, the 2 cannons, an organ gun, and the big GW warriors. Maybe add some miners to take out the TK casket, if your cannons don't get it first, and hunt the hierophant. Alternatively you could take the rangers for deployment flexibility.

This should really be in the barracks.

#3 Greyhnir

Greyhnir

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

I was wondering where it should go...as I wasn't sure if it should go in the barracks since this wasnt a list per say.  Mods can you move for me?  Thanks!!

#4 FullFatMayo

FullFatMayo

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

First thing I noticed was that your ally has no Slann. This tells me that it is now your job to deal with magic defence so I think a runelord is a definite. Builds of RL vary by player. I like using the Master rune of Balance but others use that and/or runes of spellbreaking. Depends what you prefer.

Another thing I notice is neither of your opponents have particularly scary units in combat (If i am wrong please correct me, never played vs tomb kings but have read the book) Because of this I would usually suggest Ironbreakers as they eat saurus for breakfast in my experience but as you have none the best option may be shieldbeards. Again you don't have very many with shields but it depends on how forgiving you guys are with the WYSIWYG rule, personally I am for a fun game regardless of how it looks but you may be different.

Finally I think the cannon is a must probably both despite the 2nd not being painted. Target scary things first eg the Necrosphinx and then stegadons (don't take my word as gold for the targeting order, I am not a pro player by any standards)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwarfs, lizardmen, tombkings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users