4 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew_UK

Andrew_UK

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hi All,

I'm new here... I play High Elves and Warriors but I'm currently looking to build a diorama for my second HE dragon. The first dragon I had the dragon was landing on the rock and pinning a dark elf to it while eating another, a third dark elf was dropping to his knees having been decapitated. This worked quite well because my prince was depicted holding the dark elf head aloft with a bloodied axe in the other hand... whereas the dragonmage had the flaming sword of rhuin in one hand but was casting the burning head (burning dark elf head) flying out the end of his staff in the other hand.

For my second dragon I want a similar diorama base this time with High Elves other biggest enemy, Dwarves.

I plan on making a small hill on a Arachnarok base with an opening on one side made to look like a cave. The dragon will be flying back towards the cave mouth open wide with flames pouring out of it to save its babies...

The Dwarves will be mostly miners which are easy to source. I think I prefer the old metal ones which is nice because any weight I can add to the base and counterbalance the dragon the better. The miners will be emerging from the cave and if I can get it looking right 2 of them may well be wielding pick axes at a dragon egg they've carried out of the cave. What I'm struggling with is finding the other models I want.

I keep seeming to find them in larger lots on ebay but at extortionate prices and I'm in no need of the majority of the lot. The models I would like are as follows...

Stone Thrower Crewman - Carrying a large stone above his shoulder, this is going to be remodelled to be a dragon egg but the pose is a good starting point

(Flame Cannon?) Crewman - Holding a flag above his head in one hand and shouting with the other, this guy is going to be the lookout

No idea who he is or what he's from - The dwarf that's crouching down with his hands over his ears, this guy could be fun to put somewhere

I was wondering if anyone else here is interested in helping me out with some advice about where I can find them? Possibly even entering into a trade if you guys want some HE/WoC bits for a similar diorama slaughtering them?

Edited to bold out the models I'm looking for just in case anyone thought TLDR

Edited by Andrew_UK, 30 September 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#2 Grimwald the Surly

Grimwald the Surly

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

If your after a Dragon egg, might I suggest this one from Lead Adventure?

or if its general Treasure hunters, then this one?

Either way I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Do you have a photo of your previous endeavour? I'm curious to see it!

#3 Andrew_UK

Andrew_UK

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Oooh I love that egg!!

so much better than the stone thrower crewman. I would still really like the flame cannon crewman though and if I can get it the guy kneeling down too

#4 Odin Morgrimmsson

Odin Morgrimmsson

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

The last model you're looking for is (I think) from the very old flame cannon crew. This one...?

http://www.solegends...pdwfcomm-01.htm

#5 Andrew_UK

Andrew_UK

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

The egg arrived today :)

It's ok, the models aren't bad but I thought I should give some feedback to you guys and the feedback is that the resin molded egg seems pretty poor quality. It's going to take a lot of cutting and sanding to remove where they poured the mould in... or my other option is just to greenstuff myself a new egg which is tempting but that's a lot of costly greenstuff just for a solid lump

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miners, warmachine crew, crew, warmachine, flame cannon, stone thrower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users