• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlackConsulBrother

BlackConsulBrother

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

ok im new to dwarfs and have put an army together that I hope will work in an upcoming tournament

im looking to be a little competitive but not to serious

Lords

Runelord

Master Rune of Balance

Rune of Spellbreaking

Heroes

Thane

BSB

Great weapon

Master Rune of Gromril

Rune of Resistance

Rune of fire

Core

4 squads of 10 thunderers

Special

30 hammerers

Full command

Master Rune of Gurngni

Grudge thrower

x2 rune of penetrating

Rune of Burning

let me know what yall think

#2 Ahgrum Steelblood

Ahgrum Steelblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'd almost say go with Ironbreakers over Hammerers, as hammerers are really only worth taking with a Dwarf Lord (IMO). The 3+ armor and 6+ Parry that Ironbreakers get is well worth it. Besides that, it looks like you're not taking any other core unit to act as an anvil for the hammerers which is something they typically need. 

This is assuming you want to keep the thunderers as they are. I'd almost tell you to drop two squads in favor of something else, 280 points... You could get a unit of 30 Dwarf Warriors with shields and have ten points to spare, in that case you could leave your Hammerers in to be the hammer to your anvil... hehe.

Other then that, looks to be a solid list. Question, is your Runelord going to be put into a unit and are you trying to do a gun-line?

*Edit* - Oh, the Thane can't take any extra gear if he's a BSB. He can still take runes, but not shields, great weapons, or things of that nature.

Edited by Folgrim, 12 September 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#3 Cuthbo

Cuthbo

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

40 thunderers is like having 4 organ guns, almost. I'd be interested to see what they do! Do you just want to sit back and wait for the enemy to come to you (while smashing them with the 40 thunderers)? 

#4 Swordthain

Swordthain

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

A Runelord is overkill at 1500 points. Downgrade him to a Runesmith; give him a shield, the MRoBalance, and a RoSpellbreaking. Your BSB Thane needs to be built for survivability. Currently, he's illegal, because he cannot be given additional equipment once upgraded to a BSB (i.e. drop the Great Weapon). I would give him the MRoGromril and a RoResistance. You might also prefer to give him some additional runes. The MRoChallenge is a popular choice. I would like to see a Veteran with a brace of pistols in each of your units of Thunderers, as well as shields. I would suggest grouping the four units of 10 into two units of 20, with shields and full command. Of course, with 40 Thunderers in a 1500 point list, you're already close to a full gun line, so I would drop the Hammerers and replace them with an Organ Gun and a Cannon with a RoForging (and maybe a RoBurning). Your Grudge Thrower needs to swap its RoBurning for a RoAccuracy, and you should add an Engineer to help keep it in the fight in the event you roll a misfire.

Edited by Swordthain, 12 September 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#5 BlackConsulBrother

BlackConsulBrother

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

yes im making a gun line

ill drop the stuff from the thane and keep him with a bsb

I need the rune lord because my meta is magic heavy (VC, HE, E.....etc)

I thought about an engineer but decided my grudge thrower isn't the important thing my thunderers are

yep imam make a fort in a corner of the table and blast the hell out of anone with all da gunz

I like iron breakers but wanted to try my hammerers just for fun and I was gonna run a horde 10 wide 3 deep the thane is in this unit and the runelord would be with the thunderers

and no I like to keep them small because if some one (idk how lol i wish) gets into combat with the special and charges the thunderers id rather have 3 squads to focus on the rest of their army rather than just 1....

Edited by BlackConsulBrother, 12 September 2013 - 05:52 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwarfs, gunline, 1500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users