6 replies to this topic

#1 Helgar Phoenix Slayer

Helgar Phoenix Slayer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hi all, I use to collect dwarfs 20 years ago and decided they are making a come back.

I went into the local store, who said I should bring 1000 pts and have a mini battle, so I started putting together a 1000 pt list; I had runesmith, block of gw warriors, GT, organ gun, cannon, miners ... but then I thought.. nah, lets do a fun bugman army, I have painted 30 of the bugman rangers (will add 6 long beards for the list below) and joseph himself, so want to use them.

My list is:

Lords: 218

Rune Lord, shield, MRo challenge, Ro brotherhood, Ro Spell breaking, Ro stone

Heroes: 155

Joseph Bugman

Core: 523

36 long beard rangers, fC, 3x ancestor rune

Special: 100

Bolt thrower

5x miners

Total points: 996

The idea is the specials try not to get killed, the big unit tries to kill more points than the specials are worth and the characters try not to die and lose lots of points... or in other words, the Bugman brewers hit the side of their army lines and roll on through :D

Let me know your thoughts - feel free to rip it apart, I'm easy going :)

Edited by fluke1222, 22 August 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#2 Dolgrim Brassbottom

Dolgrim Brassbottom

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

A runelord at that level is kind of overkill and you dont really need bugmen ether. You can use a runesmith and a challenge thane and use the points saved to give you some numbers. the bolt thrower is not that great but it could word maybe put a rune of buring on it. The rune of determination i feel is better for the longbeards to help keep them in the fight. I like the idea of what your doing I run ambush list myself but its really hard to do it at this level but this could work with some tweaks.

#3 Swordthain

Swordthain

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I concur with Dolgrim. Scrap the Runelord. Replace him with a Runesmith with a Shield, RoBrotherhood, RoStone, and a RoSpellbreaking. Add a Thane (you can use the Bugman model for your Thane, make him your BSB (because, why not?), give him a RoStone, RoBrotherhood, MRoChallenge, and a RoFire. You can then take your 36 Longbeard Rangers with a RoDetermination, 13 Miners with a Musician (for swift reforms), and a Bolt Thrower with an Engineer. I think you ought to have a lot of fun with that list.

#4 Helgar Phoenix Slayer

Helgar Phoenix Slayer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, will try it out in my first game and see how it goes :)

#5 Ahgrum Steelblood

Ahgrum Steelblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

Just thought I'd ask, are those units broken into two? Since Bugman has to be placed in a unit of Longbeard Rangers who don't count for the core points needed.

#6 Swordthain

Swordthain

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

They do count.

#7 Ahgrum Steelblood

Ahgrum Steelblood

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

They do count.

Thank you Swordthain. I've been playing them wrong for awhile now. I read the entry as 'Do not count' instead of 'Do count'. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1000, bugman, rangers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users