Photo

1400 Doubles; 2X700 W/dark Elves.

dark elf double low point tournament warhammer world team advice list building tactics both lists open for adjustmen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lokyar Brightmane

Lokyar Brightmane

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Hey! I don't often post, but I and my friend need help. We were out of town visiting the big city, (not a big one mind) and we visited the local GW. This enlightened us to a double tournament happening at Warhammer World in Nottingham... Knowing each other's main list ideas and tactics like the back of our hands, we decided we might enter.

Main problem is, we know each other's lists so well because we have no-one else regularly playing in our area. So, me being an avid forum reader, I gave a quick list of what we're expecting to not show: Ogres, Chaos Warriors and Chaos Daemons. The rules say each players force is individual. You may not "confer benefits of wargear, abilities, psychic powers or anything else", nor do they count as friendly. It is not fantasy specific rules, as the wording says. I assume desperate ally style rules. Just for everyone. I think this is the right tourney. http://www.games-wor...on_Doubles_Pack ((links allowed? Not sure. D: )

It is a very unfluffy alliance, but it is our only real army each.

Now, I have only limited experience myself, and neither of us has been to a major event, so I need help! What do we expect, how do we counter it, etc. And of course, are our lists ok?

His list, our major offense:

Hero 140 20%

Master

Iron Curse Icon

Pendant of Kaeleth

Dragonhelm

Heavy Armour

Shield 

Cloak 140

Core 385 55%

10 Repeater Crossbowmen

Standard 110

23 Corsairs

Two Hand Weapons

Standard

Of Frenzy

Champion 275

Rare: 175 25%

War Hydra

My list: our defense/tower holding.

Hero: 149 21%

Runesmith

MRo Gromril

MRo Balance

GW 149

Core 270 39%

20 Quarrellers

GW

standard 270

Special: 280 40%

Cannon 

Ro Burning

Ro Forging

Engineer

BoP 150

Grudge Thrower

2 Ro Penetrating 130

EDIT: Possibly

Hero: 127 18%

Runesmith

Ro Stone

MRo Balance

Shield 127

Core 270 39%

20 Quarrellers

GW

standard 270

Special: 305 43%

Cannon 

Ro Burning

Ro Forging

Engineer

BoP 150

Grudge Thrower

2 Ro Penetrating

RoAccuracy 155

Edited by Lokyar Brightmane, 05 June 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#2 Griegsson

Griegsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

That's an interesting one.  Your list is pretty strong (possibly filthy), though you lack a use for your winds of magic power dice.

Dark elves are overpowered at this level because they are so cheap.  Being able to take a hydra is awesome.  Being able to take dwarven units that can take out threats to your hydra is doubly-so.

Therefore I'd drop the grudge thrower and take a second cannon.  Their priority is absolutely to take out enemy cannons/stone throwers/caskets etc. before the hydra dies.  Then the hydra can come out from its hiding place and join with the corsairs to beat things in combat while your two shooty units and cannon keep shooting whatever is left.  If you're not facing anti-hydra shooting then a grudge thrower would be more useful, but in that situation, who cares?

I'd take the normal Runesmith build of shield, RoSpellbreaking, MRoBalance - he probably won't be seeing combat so you can drop the armour.  I'd also consider taking 3x spellbreaking and burning them in the first three turns if you need to, by which time you should be in the mage's face.

Alternative ideas include: trying to squeeze in a L2 or L3 mage instead of your Master, or putting him on a pegasus for some annoyance.  That would be truly filthy though, especially joined with a hydra.  I'm not sure whether you can get pendant+pegasus for under 175 though.  It might be fun to put him on a horse though - it gives you some extra speed and you don't really care if he's being picked out by template weapons due to the pendant.

#3 Lokyar Brightmane

Lokyar Brightmane

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

I could look at 

Hero: 154 21%

Runesmith

Ro Stone

Ro Spellbreaking

MRo Balance

GW 154

Core 270 39%

20 Quarrellers

GW

standard 270

Special: 275 

Cannon 

Ro Burning

Ro Forging

Engineer

BoP 150

Cannon

Ro Forging 125

And I can talk to my friend about the pegasus.

Master

Pendant

H/armour

Cloak

Shield

Peggy 175 on the nose.

What do you guys think of the organ gun in such a situation? Lots of auto hits, but short (for a warmachine) range...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dark elf, double, low point, tournament, warhammer world, team, advice, list building, tactics, both lists open for adjustmen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users