179 replies to this topic

#101 Stymie Jackson

Stymie Jackson

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Did they ever capture those 'precious jewels' deep in that Glory Hole mine?

Thank you for the close-ups on the Irondrakes. They actually sold out pretty quickly and I am waiting on GW to ship mine. I was planning on a very similar color scheme...good and 'brassy'. I may try to tint mine a little red or blue with thin ink washes. Those closeups are very helpful.

#102 CH1LLYD0GG

CH1LLYD0GG

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

Because of this blog I went and bought 2 boxes of them today. Using the spare arms to kit bash some long beards out of some old unmade warriors :)

#103 spanisdwarf

spanisdwarf

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

I love your minis, and the brilliant flags. very nice an army.

#104 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Glory Hole Mine, the hold for the lads with the sticky beards.
I like the way your models look, your paint scheme really hits the spot. :)

#105 Dakkar Felekdum

Dakkar Felekdum

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Grugni has blessed your Throng :thumbsup:

#106 Grimwald the Surly

Grimwald the Surly

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

Just caught up with your updates, and I must say wow. Really love that Dwarf King on Shield Bearers. Such a characterful fit! I was really hunting down your hammerers, and they really do look great. I'm currently trying to think how I am going to tackle them and their paint scheme, so yours have definitely given me some ideas!

Great job and keep them coming!

#107 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

Thanks Grimwald - it means a lot, so many thanks for dropping by.

I'll be doing some more updates fairly soon (I've got my rangers for the unit competition this week), and bumping up the hammerers is my next priority - there's only 12 painted now (they look more because they're full of characters). So hopefully they'll be a more battle-ready size soon - it isn't a very good show to have the royal guard nearly 2/3 pewter coloured.

Thanks again, and best wishes.

#108 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

Well, I've got a unit of rangers up and ready (for the painting competition these ones):

38td.jpg

ydr2.jpg

tlwk.jpg

iovo.jpg

f5bm.jpg

I'm really pleased how these guys turned out. The movement tray lifts them a bit, and I'll make sure I do more of them. It improves the overall look of the unit more than I thought it might. The full unit is over 30, but 20 isn't bad, and it's always good to bulk the core out a bit. 

As usual, comments and criticism welcome!

Anyway, hammerers up next - the unit is currently a piddly 12 painted models, so hopefully I can get them up to a more battle-ready size before too long.

Cheers,

David.

#109 Prince Ewyn Goldbeard

Prince Ewyn Goldbeard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

Nice work, the earthy tones go well with the green, cant wait to see how you incorporate your scheme into the hammerers. I especially like the standard--simple yet very effective...I wish I had a hand steady enough to pull off something similar.

#110 Yorri Damminson

Yorri Damminson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Really great work here.

I love the earthly colours and great job on the beards. Really nice unit. :)

#111 Thorrin

Thorrin

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

Just as usual an amazing unit with awesome painting. Keep up the excellent work.

#112 Grimwald the Surly

Grimwald the Surly

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

I really like how you have achieved a soft warm look with your colours. Very envious. Such a great unit. Can I ask where you got the flowers from? Really looking forward to the Hammerers as that is the next unit on my desk.

#113 Oridur

Oridur

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:49 AM

Gotta agree, the look you achieve is fantastic!  They really look great!

#114 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

Thanks for the kind words everybody - it's much appreciated.

Grimwald, I got the flowers (and some of the other tufts) from here: http://store.warlord...er/paints-tools

All best,

David.

#115 Grimwald the Surly

Grimwald the Surly

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Awesome. Thanks for that! Its one of those things I've seen about but not known where to get it from.

#116 Darkblade

Darkblade

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

A fine looking unit, the blonde beards look great with that colour scheme and you're right the tray does a great job (bases & faces!).

Really nice to see the drunken crossbow dwarf in the front. You'll get a lot of points in the challenge with these, well done.

#117 Lord Alisk

Lord Alisk

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

A fine looking unit, the blonde beards look great with that colour scheme and you're right the tray does a great job (bases & faces!).

Really nice to see the drunken crossbow dwarf in the front. You'll get a lot of points in the challenge with these, well done.

Thanks for the kind words Darkblade - it's very much appreciated. However, I think you're bear knights have the edge this time...They are rather splendid. 

#118 Darkblade

Darkblade

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the kind words Darkblade - it's very much appreciated. However, I think you're bear knights have the edge this time...They are rather splendid. 

Nice of you to say so but I know they aren't to everyone's taste.

Good luck with the Hammerers.

#119 Theatralic

Theatralic

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Lovely! Really digging the Beards and the Skin! I had similar flowers myself but decided that they didn`t fit the sparse Vegetation I had imagined for my Bases, you actually make me reconsider.

#120 Baldur son of Ægir

Baldur son of Ægir

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

David, some great work here.  You can really see that your standard is lifting as the pages progress :thumbup:   Any tips you'd like to share on painting the eyes - you appear to have a very steady hand....  I'm getting a bit of slack on my thread for being a wimp and not manning-up to tackle this particular area of expertise.  Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users