dwarvesforgloriousdeath.blogspot.fi

#2 Grimmus

Grimmus

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

u cant make a vanguard move and than charge in the first turn =) otherwise nice to watch, love the sound track =d

#3 Wendersnaven

Wendersnaven

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

That was a good watch. :yes: Stubborn Hammerers loosing a hill is plain bad luck.

#4 Teugr Signhammer

Teugr Signhammer

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

u cant make a vanguard move and than charge in the first turn =) otherwise nice to watch, love the sound track =d

Thanks for the comment. Yes, there were lots of mistakes during the game. We are all quite beginners and it is good that more experienced players have pointers to give.

Stubborn Hammerers loosing a hill is plain bad luck.

Yes it was. One question: Is the Dwarf Lord with Shieldbearers still stubborn, after all of the Hammerers have died ?

#5 Grimmus

Grimmus

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

no he isnt =) but i cant see how they lost to the trolls .. no fire attacks on the lord? =) though break tho! i always hate losing my hammerers :(

#6 Teugr Signhammer

Teugr Signhammer

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

no he isnt =) but i cant see how they lost to the trolls .. no fire attacks on the lord? =) though break tho! i always hate losing my hammerers :(

The Lord wielded a GW, so I didn't take any weapon runes. I think the River Trolls -1 to hit and regeneration were the reasons for defeat. Maybe next time I'll change the rune of challenge to rune of fire and MRO Kragg the Grim ?!?

#7 Ælfric of Kazad Thørn

Ælfric of Kazad Thørn

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

That is exactly what I was about to suggest. Ro Challenge to MRo Kragg the Grim. I hate loosing Hammerers too. They seem to be a bit of a bellwether of the overall performance of my army. I tend to loose if I loose my Hammerers. =(

#8 Grimmus

Grimmus

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

give him rune of fire and rune of cleaving? givin him str 5 and not striking last

#9 Wendersnaven

Wendersnaven

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

I rarely have more than two or three out of fourty hammerers survive. (I play vs Ogres, VC, TK, and Lizzies.) Twice, however, I have had just the standard bearer and musician survive and they were enough to give stubborn and deny points to the opponent.

I prefer the tank Lord, and not having a magic weapon can really be a drag. The rest of the time, the other guy has some kind of item that negates or destroys a magic weapon and I laugh before cleaving his general's head off old school ... of course those vampires always manage to grow their own head back with a ward save grrrrrrrrrrr.... but it makes sense that you can't have it all. Otherwise our Lords would be as broke a a fully kitted Slann.

#10 Squergi

Squergi

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

That's an interesting way of making a battle report. In a way it was pretty interesting compared to a conventional 'pen and paper' battle report but at some points the constantly panning camera made me a bit dizzy... :P Well it was informative enough, though I think there could be more shots of the general situation on the board.

The music choice was really epic!

:hi:

#11 Teugr Signhammer

Teugr Signhammer

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

That's an interesting way of making a battle report. In a way it was pretty interesting compared to a conventional 'pen and paper' battle report but at some points the constantly panning camera made me a bit dizzy... :P Well it was informative enough, though I think there could be more shots of the general situation on the board.

The music choice was really epic!

:hi:

This time I remembered to shoot the photos almost after every move and combat. Me and my friends have discussed making a video report, but it would be in Finnish, so there wouldn't be any fun for foreing people. I think this is a compromise. Photos with Ken Burns effect and comments what is happening works in the video and the soundtrack is the cherry on the top ;) ..Overall the video is a bit sloppy though I like that the movement is quite fast and dynamic at times. Next report will be in HD ;)

#12 Grimmus

Grimmus

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I rarely have more than two or three out of fourty hammerers survive. (I play vs Ogres, VC, TK, and Lizzies.) Twice, however, I have had just the standard bearer and musician survive and they were enough to give stubborn and deny points to the opponent.

I prefer the tank Lord, and not having a magic weapon can really be a drag. The rest of the time, the other guy has some kind of item that negates or destroys a magic weapon and I laugh before cleaving his general's head off old school ... of course those vampires always manage to grow their own head back with a ward save grrrrrrrrrrr.... but it makes sense that you can't have it all. Otherwise our Lords would be as broke a a fully kitted Slann.

i play lizards aswell, nothing wrong with a full kitted slann ^^
i play my dwarf lord with
rune of might, rune of speed x2
preservation, ro steel, rune of resistance
rune of furnace

giving him in 6 i think, double str against toughness 5, 1+ rerollable armour save, max str 5 attacks against him and a 2+wsv vs fire:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: orcs, goblins, dwarfs, elves, high, dark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users