#1 Lomack

Lomack

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi there fellow Dwarfs,

I'm taking the plunge and starting this thread to cover my painitng of my dwarf army.
My plan is to cover all the old models I have done so far since i was 12, posting the pictures in the order they were completed so you can see my improvement.

Hopefully I'll get all those old models posted pronto, and then i can move onto finishing the models that are currently WIP (work in progress)
I think i've actualy improved a lot in painting (knowledge at least) since I base coated my curent WIPs, so then it will be interesting to start new things from Scratch.
This might just time with the new dwarf release who knows ;)

Ok - photos are on the way.
Please bear in mind that the first lot were done around 1990. Yes i was inspired by Wayne England's blue and white colour scheme in WD, and yes I didn't have many nice paints back then :)

I really hope that this blog inspires me to finish off my army now that I have finished deinstalling League of Legends :) (no dwarfs in that game, only yorldles!)

Edited by Lomack, 30 October 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#2 Uzi Toting Monkeys

Uzi Toting Monkeys

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Good luck Lomack!

I'm in a similar position, some models i've had and played with for yeeeeeeears I have never got around to painting because I'd get something new and paint that instead.

Hats off to you for crowd-sourcing encouragement!

#3 Fanai Glimmerclaw

Fanai Glimmerclaw

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Go for it - with the purchase of some OOP figures I too am doing a clean and tidy on figures I painted in the 80's 90s

#4 Darkblade

Darkblade

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yet another Wayne England fan, he really does have a lot to answer for ;)

Perhaps we should send a collective plea to GW to do a re-visit to his army.

You've certainly come to the right place, I'm sure the brewery members, especially those of the older metalheads variety, will offer you plenty of encouragement.

How big a project do you have ahead of you?

#5 Eskabar

Eskabar

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hey, great to hear about your project, looking forward to the pics :)

Eskabar

#6 Lomack

Lomack

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Ok here are the first pictures.
These are a unit of Crossbowmen I painted around 1989.
They are all of course metal and OOP.
There are some which came with separate plastic crossbows, and some which came with the crowsbows as part of the metal sculpt.
I prefer the latter ones, as the plastic crossbows were too big for the little Dwarfs (they are the same plastic crossbows they used for Orc crossbowmen I believe).

These were the first models I painted for the army. Wayne England had said he was choosing blue for his army colour and so blue would appear on every unit somewhere. So that's what I decided to do too.
Since his first unit used white as a second colour, and since I thought it looked nice, i copied that for this first unit too :)

I'll find the unit champion model I have for these models soon too.

I did the base this year.

Here you go: (HOW do I make the image appear in here as part of the thread? :( )

Crossbows 1

Crossbows 2

Crossbows 3

Crossbows 4

Crossbows 5

Crossbows 6

Edited by Lomack, 30 October 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#7 Grimwald the Surly

Grimwald the Surly

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

In answer to your question about posting pictures, I just use the picture of the tree button (on the second row), and insert the link to the picture from your gallery.

On to the models. Love these models, as many do. I assume it was the movement tray that you painted? It looks good will fit well for Dwarfs. Are you planning on repainting these models?

#8 cros13

cros13

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

to direct link images you need to host them on a image board like image shack or photobucket. when you upload onto those sites, you get link options tothe photos, choose he direct link in share options and copy it here after you click the tree picture in the reply options.

if im not making sense im drunk so yesh

Rudolf.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: army, oop, painting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users