#1 Essmir Ulv

Essmir Ulv

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hi! dwarf broder's.

I have buy some half price boxes and now did I wondering wath army list I can do of it.
The boxes I have is Battle for Skull Pass, Gyrocopter, Anvil of dome and Bastill. :)

#2 BradleyKadrin

BradleyKadrin

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Do you own a copy of the Dwarf Army Book?

#3 Khazadson

Khazadson

Dwarf King

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I moved this thread to the Barracks because I think it is more a question about army lists than anything else? Please correct me if I'm wrong Essmir Ulv.

Assuming you have bout a single Battle for Skull Pass (BfSP) box, then you have the following:

Thane
Dragon Slayer
12 Warriors;
10 Thunderers;
8 Miners;
Cannon;
Gyrocopter;
Anvil; and
Bolt Thrower

This would be a fairly small army, even with everything in it. TBH my recommendation would be to use the BfSp box to play some introductory games with a friend, or take your minis to a local gaming store to have a quick practice run. The scenarios in the BfSP book were designed to introduce new players to the game (admittedly the last edition of the game) and so should help you learn the basics and what you like about the army.

If you want to jump straight into the game proper, then I wouldn't recommend using the whole Anvil of Doom. I would just take the Runesmith and use him by himself. After that I would use each unit as is and play against someone with a similar number of models.

In general you have some great starting points. Miners are often used in small units of 6-8 so that is a great and complete support unit. I have seen people use a unit of 20 Thunderers very effectively, so you have a good start with your 10 (which will be great in smaller games). Dragon Slayers are great War Machine defenders, so that is nice. The Cannon is a staple of almost every Dwarf army you will see (certainly successful ones). The Gyrocopter is a personal favourite of mine, really excellent for thinning out large units of T3 troops like Skaven and gobbos (and many others), and good for running down fleeing troops.

There are several "what do I buy next" type threads which could help you out from here as well.

Here is a thread about a starting list. Keep in mind that while you are new there is no reason you can't use your models for something else. For example you could use your Thunderers as Quarrellers instead.

#4 Griegsson

Griegsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

If by Bastill you mean the Dwarf Batallion box, then you have some more options.

Assemble as many Great Weapon (two handed) warrior as you can from the sprues. Even some of the thunderer/quarrellers can be used as Great weapon Warriors.

Use one of the unit champions and some banner bits to make a Battle-Standard bearing Thane. (or buy one)

Assemble the cannon from the box, and use the organ gun barrels and some sprue bits (or the pony cart from BfSP) to make an organ gun as well.

With the models you have, you should be ably to play some 1500 point battles.

for example

Runelord, Anvil, anti-magic runes (up to 375 points in a 1.5k list)
Thane BSB (normal build typically 165)
30-40 GW warriors (300-425)
Cannon (forging burning 130)
Cannon (forging 125)
OG (120)

and your choice of small chaff units e.g. some from

5-8 miners
dragon slayer (naked)
10 quarrellers or thunderers
bolt thrower (engineer only)
gyrocopter.

#5 Essmir Ulv

Essmir Ulv

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

I don' have the battalion box I mean bolt trower in anoder name, But I finck I shud buy the batallion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: armylist, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users