• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OdinsRune

OdinsRune

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hey friends, brand new Dwarf player here, and i through together a list i think would do decently.. but in truth i have no idea:P The tournament is in about a month and ill be playing some practice games.. please critisize as much as possible, help very welcome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CORE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 Dwarf Warriors
-HW/Shield
-FC
-295 points

(also, not very sure how to deploy them.. help on that would be great)

30 Longbeards
-HW/shield
-FC
-(would like to take banner of Grungni, considering im hoping to have a stand back/shooty list, thoughts?)
-385 points

Two units of 20 Thunderers(2x10)
-I feel the need to take them with FC and Shields, but i realize it is alot of points, so as of now thats what they have. correct me if thats horribly wrong to do:P
-325 points each

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LORDS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have seen most people taking a runelord as their general, due to the dispell power, so thats what i did

Runelord
-MRoGromril
-RoResistance
-RoSpellbreaking x2
-MRoBalance
-290 points

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPECIAL
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannon x2
-RoForging
-125 points each

Organ gun
-120 points

TOTAL - 1990

Probably a very laughable list.. but its the first one ive ever made:P

Thanks for reading!

#2 Griegsson

Griegsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

A couple of points for you, it would help if we knew what other models you had available.

1/ At 2K, you really need a BSB

2/ Your cannon are illegal as they have the same runes. Put burning on one.

You have a lot of shield dwarfs but no great weapons, which means you will be hard to defeat but will not be killing much. do you have models for hammerers or GW warriors?

The thunderer blocks are where you could make changes. I'd be tempted to field them in smaller numbers. Keep the shields - they make the thunderers OK in combat (though a biut mediocre still). Small units don't need command, but if you field them in 20s then keep at least the musician and standard.

Grungni is good on the LBs.

For shield units, always deploy them 5-wide. the thunderers should start off 2-deep and possibly reform if they are going to get charged by something that outranks them.

#3 Thorin IV

Thorin IV

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hi Odinsrune, welcome to the stunties..

Agree with Griegsson, a BSB is a must. Common build is something like: Thane, BSB, MRoGromril, Rune of Preservation, Rune of Resistance
and if your lucky some gamers dont mind if you add a GW cause our book is very old..

I would consider investing in a Grudge Thrower too...

hope this helps

#4 OdinsRune

OdinsRune

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

Thanks very much for the tips! and thats basically all the models i have, like i said i just started. id love t find out where i can get some cheap hammereres/ironbreakers ><

#5 Thorin IV

Thorin IV

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

You can convert warriors into hammerers by using the gw and exchanging the axes for the hammer heads from the 1 hand weapons ...

Or eBay if you prefer the hammerer models...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tournament, 2000, point, list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users