8 replies to this topic

#1 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Battle vs Empire and had a match up between (new - hooray) hammerers unit vs greatswords. Hammerers in heavy armour vs Greatswords ..... in full plate armour. Oh the irony given the background! Surely in the next edition this injustice will be righted .... surely?

#2 smallboy

smallboy

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

Lets hope so

#3 Kallstrom

Kallstrom

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Haha, I know! Everytime I face off against our Empire player he says "Guess who made this armor? You did!".
(Imagine him doing this smirk while saying it)

Posted Image

I hope that we get something awesomesauce to show the Empire players once we get our new book.

#4 the bearded one

the bearded one

The Spammer King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Luckily we have +1 WS, +1 str, +1 T and +1 ld.

points difference? 1 pt.

B)

#5 Darek Frostbeard

Darek Frostbeard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Just out of curiosity, what was the outcome? :hi:

Also +1 for TBO

#6 Squergi

Squergi

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

Well it does make the whole dwarf balance at the moment silly. I mean Hammerers should logically have gromril armour. But that'd make ironbreakers rather useless... So it's going to require quite a lot of changes in the next book (perhaps they'll just leave everything as it is due to that... :P).

:hi:

#7 The Bearded Baron

The Bearded Baron

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

I've had about enough of them Empire players lording it over my dawi with their 'superior' gunpowder or armour or contraptions. I'm glad to say that in battle they aren't nearly as smug! But it is frustrating when an empire army (who have the choice of all manner of magics, flying grypons and knights) can still take an all gun and heavy armour and still 'almost' stand toe to toe with us.

#8 AndyM

AndyM

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Empire guns cost a lot more than ours......

I think we shall have a nasty shock in the points increase of our war machines.

We shall see though of course.

#9 Thorfar Salokin

Thorfar Salokin

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

The outcome? ...... well in brief the Hammerers were wiped out to a dwarf (pass the razor & orange hair dye).

Obviously the GS needed some help though! and the longer tale is that those cursed Demigryphs were flanking the Hammerers. This wasn't a problem because on my turn I could charge the GS and, because of the angles, move out of the Demi's charge arc with the added bonus of opening them up to a volley from my Thunderers (hah!) - cue charge roll of 1&2 (sob). Even then, staggering forward a couple of inches, it was debatable whether the Demi's arc clipped the unit (I had one lone dwarf on the back rank). We rolled the dice of decision & it came up in the umgis favour.

At the same time the GS thumped into the front of the unit & they also had a priest of sigmar .... rerolls to hit with hatred (ow!). So the first turn of combat the brave Dawi went down in droves - needed a bucket to remove the casulties! but they stayed in the fight thanks to being stubborn. They were wiped out eventually but took a couple of ranks off the GS. And it was victory to the Dwarfs in the end.

Kallstrom - that's exactly the same smirk!!!

Appreciate our stat line is better and, with the proliferation of great weapons, armour on infantry doesn't necessarily play a deciding role - but I like the background and it just isn't right! I suspect Squergi is right & it'll be to difficult to unpick though

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: empire, armour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users