• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Thokag Bittersson

Thokag Bittersson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

I'm just starting my dwarf army, so at the moment I can't buy everything. That's why I've decided to make myself an Anvil. I really wan't to try it in a list before investing my money in something useless or something that I won't use. So here's my Anvil of Doom.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is my Runelord. He has a book of grudges on his back.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So what do you think? Can that pass as an Anvil of Doom? I hope it will look better when it's painted.

Edited by Thokag Bittersson, 02 August 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#2 Eskabar

Eskabar

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Very cool, that'd definitely pass for one (and the majority would be very impressed!). Nice work :)

Eskabar

#3 Stewar

Stewar

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

the runelord look exelent,
I would just ad some more details to the anvil, looks a bit naked (for a dwarf artifact)

#4 Thunderforge

Thunderforge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Top knotch sir! Have a pint on me for that one! :guinesssmilie:
Your runelord looks suitably gruff and gritty!

#5 Thokag Bittersson

Thokag Bittersson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thank you all for the kind words. I'd love to decorate it more, but I'm out of ideas. Sadly we don't have that many different sprues. I was concerned about my Runelord. Every time when I don't know what to do with the left hand of a miniature I pick a pointy one. But let's say that he's using the Force.

#6 Thunderforge

Thunderforge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

If you can get a shield sprue from the previous plastic warrior set the shield glyphs are separate from the shield itself. I have a few spare, if you're in the UK I could pop a couple in the post.

Posted Image

#7 Thokag Bittersson

Thokag Bittersson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Thank you very much, Thunderforge, but I'm far away from the UK. I don't own that sprue, but some of the parts are the same as the parts in my sprue. Except for the gryphon head (if that's even a gryphon). I'm not sure that I can put anything more on the anvil itself. I was thinking about adding two small shields from left and right of the big shield, but I doesn't look good. I also thought about adding small shields on the second circle. But again it looks like there's too much going on. I don't know what to do. I'm hopping for an epiphany.

#8 Goldo

Goldo

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Your Runelord looks really impressive! Very dwarfyy indeed! Keep it up!

#9 Darkblade

Darkblade

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

I think it looks good as it is, any more shields and it'll look too busy. How about a couple of flag poles at the rear like the first version of the anvil?

#10 Thokag Bittersson

Thokag Bittersson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

To be honest I was thinking about adding a banner or two. But my problem was how to attach them. It also depends how I will position the banners. Too close to the Runelord and it will look too much. And if I position them in a different angle it will look odd.

#11 Thunderforge

Thunderforge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Perhaps paint on a couple of runes in the spaces with a fine brush? It'll be a whole different kettle of fish once its painted. And banners would be good too. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users