3 replies to this topic

#1 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

I've decided to put my dwarf ranger lord, Rudrik Ironhelm, on two shield bearers. Unlike the ones used by King Alrik, my two are from Thorgrim Grudebearers set. Can someone tell me what bonuses Shield Bearers have and give to my dwarf lord?

#2 Hortennse

Hortennse

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

I cant give the price i dont think without messing with GW policy, but it's amazingly cheap, gives you a 1+ armor rerollable armor save if you get the rune of stone and rune of resistance, gives you two more attacks at strength 4, and allows you to carry a great weapon which is huge. FInally it leaves lots more magic item points than that left over to personalize your character as you wish, I love making him a Smiting Lord for when I run into Ogres especially. If you take a lord, give him shieldbearers, it's that simple from a competitive standpoint at least.

Edited by Hortennse, 21 July 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#3 Goldo

Goldo

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

Basicly it gives you a +2 armor save bonus and 2 I2, WS5, S4 attacks.

#4 Thane Morgran

Thane Morgran

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Has anyone else found it kinda amusing that builds for lords on shieldbearers are slightly counter-intuitive; If you want a hitty lord, he's likely to carry a shield, if you want an extra tough lord he's likely to be packing a great weapon...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: king alrik, shield, shield bearers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users