12 replies to this topic

#1 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

The leader of my dwarf thong, Rudrik Ironhelm, is a completely custom model. The only problem I have is designing an epic pose for his bases. My Slayer stands on a daemon head, Josef Bugman stands on barrels, and the only interesting noticable thing about Rudrik would be his hat taken from an Empire kit. Any ideas of what I could put on his base, or put him on top of?

#2 Drachenklinge

Drachenklinge

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

a stone of oath! made by his distant ancestors, comming down the line of related heros in his family until right under his very feet!

#3 Goldo

Goldo

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Did you say dramatic dawi poses?
http://www.bugmansbr...page__hl__dain.

Well, concerning the base, buy a cheap dragon toy, behead it, and mount your lord on it.
Otherwise, you could mount him on a crumbled pillar (6th ed army book cover style.)

Edited by Goldo, 04 July 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#4 Thunderforge

Thunderforge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Use the standard GW dwarf cavalry mount; other dwarves! Mount him on some shield bearers, if nothing else it's an excuse to include another couple of brave dawi!

#5 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,813 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Big treasure chest?

#6 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

Have him standing on a huge mound of slain Goblins.

There's a bit of fluff in the Dwarfs Trilogy where a Gobbo shaman, so impressed by the "dead 'ardness" of a Dwarf that he preserves both the slain dwarf and the dozens of dead Grobi he's killed before he finally fell as a tribute.

There's nothing quite so dramatic as a Dwarf lord climbing up the bodies of his slain enemies. Thinking of which, I may have to do just that!

#7 Red_shift

Red_shift

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

A scenic base similar to this one would be good:

http://www.coolminio...rowseid=2105314

I remember that bit of fluff about preserving the bodies of dead dwarf and goblins and I agree a mound would look quite cool.

#8 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Scibor does some great poses and I think that one you linked to red_shift might be the best.

#9 Thunderforge

Thunderforge

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

That is a great figure, although it begs the question - how did he get up there? I think I'd have to model a small winch for the base behind him...

#10 Villainy

Villainy

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

Some sort of Ent/nymph/tree person hacked up for firewood as he travels deeper into the forest . . .

#11 Ketil Grungnison

Ketil Grungnison

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

You could have him stood on a destroyed doomwheel with all the rats running away and the dead engineer at his feet but that could get expensive, could put him on a mound of gold ??

#12 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

I was thinking about that, but the only good treasure and gold I know of is that Mordhiem treasure trove, baby dragons, and the Ogre Tyrant with all the gnoblars.

#13 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

Sculpting a mound of gold coins shouldn't be too tricky, should it? Get a small tube to act as a cookie cutter, roll out a sheet of green stuff and start cutting? Then, just stick the 'coins' over a larger mounded blob of greenstuff and job done :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dawi, base, dwarf, pose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users