• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Bronzefist

Lord Bronzefist

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Greetings all, Just thought I would say hello to you all and introduce myself.

Just recently I have been wondering what to collect for my next Fantasy army after Bretonnians and had a toss up between O&G and dwarfs. I was leaning towards a savage orc army (and the new boss is rather nice and all) However my other half has convinced me to do dwarfs.

Why? Well in essence I am kinda a dwarf. I drink ale, I have a beard and once we get our own place I intend to do blacksmithing as a hobby. Not to mention I usualy play dwarves in other games (DnD and Pathfinder come to mind). SO here I am, thinking of lists and background for the Lost clan of the Bronzefists.

#2 Wendersnaven

Wendersnaven

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

Oh my Grungi, you're like my twin. Are you slow but thurough, stout and hardy, don't walk fast but can keep up the same pace for days? I came to the short side due to being very dwarf like in RL- and my buddy and me are building a forge this summer. I have the anvil in the back of my vehicle. We got an indistrial supplier to get us a 10x12x4 inch block of A50 hardened steel. I'm taking it to a water cutting place to get a hardy hole put in the center and we're filing inch markings onto the sides. Luxury anvil, 100 lbs. Naturally, I don't mind most of my army being pewter.

So welcome aboard. You'll want to check out the handbook for learning about all the parts of your army and people's uses/opinions of them, here:
http://www.bugmansbr...dwarf-handbook/

You'll discover over the course of games that a polarization towards cannon vs grudgethrowers, and Dwarf Lords vs Rune Lords will happen. Otherwise, things are pretty clear cut as to what you want to collect and use. There are a bunch of threads up from other new people regarding what to buy, and you can find those pretty easily uising the search engine or finding them within a page or two. The forum members are very nice here so feel free to participate and say what you think as replies may disagree, but respectfully. Besides, no one wants to be in the Book of Grudges.

Cheers :buba:

#3 Targ Ironfist

Targ Ironfist

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

Tromm,

nice to have another collegue! :buba: :prankster2:
Welcome on board, or better said in the Karak! :hi: :drinks:

Should you need any help, you should ask and it will be given.

#4 Lord Bronzefist

Lord Bronzefist

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

Thankyou Wendersnaven, I have already looked through them. Perhaps one day we could share blacksmithing tips heh heh. Although you are set up pretty much so yeah.

Also, hello to you to Targ *gives money for ale*

#5 Goldo

Goldo

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

Welcome and have a beer on me :drinks:.
Good to see more dwarfs joining the band wagon!
There are grudges that need answeering and axes that need wielding :dwarf:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users