Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

I finished touching up my not-evil-just-misunderstood dwarfs:

IMG_2634_zpseeo2tkis.jpg

IMG_2635_zpsg58dl3ef.jpg

I always wanted to give these guys rad glowing weapons and object source lighting, but instead I just did what you see here. It turned out okay. I'm fine with it.

For their shields I didn't want to give them chaos symbols, but I did want something that would look different than regular dwarf runes. I decided on some Hebrew phrases. They're all along the lines of "I kill", "I defend", "I pierce", that kind of thing. I like how it turned out!

I still have 40 dwarfs to paint. Can I finish before the new year?

#362 Thorvald the Relentless

Thorvald the Relentless

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:26 AM

Maybe you can, maybe can not, but you have done a tremendous job, so keep your spirits high and be proud of your achievements and your little stunties :)

#363 Thorr Budricksson

Thorr Budricksson

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

Nicely done. Keep up the good work.

It's never too late to do more detail work if you choose to go back to do the weapons

#364 Steven

Steven

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

IMG_2878_zpsmlgi32ob.jpg

Dwarfs!

After a few months off, I'm back in the saddle. I'm still trying to finish off all my unpainted minis and the dwarf fort before my daughter is born in June; this morning I completed 14 warriors and a cannon crew. I wanted these guys to match a unit that I bought painted off a friend, which you can see in the background. His were based black and mine white, but I think the match is pretty good. I also went back and painted eyes on both groups, about 40 models.

I now have a group of 8 quarrellers and two boxes of longbeards left from my back log, plus 5 boar boys and the Forgeworld command trio I got for Christmas. I'm hoping to have all of them done in a month, and then get back to the dwarf fort.

#365 Steven

Steven

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:05 AM

Here are 8 new quarellers, with plaid to match the other 12 I did last year. I also added plaid to 3 old ones that had a different paint scheme, and I repainted everyone's crossbows.

IMG_2899_zpshjj50hyx.jpg

They are sideways for some reason. Photobucket was being dumb.

I am really widdling away the number of unpainted minis I have left. I'll now just need to do my Longbeards, the boar boys and the forge world trio. About a hundred down, 28 to go!

#366 Steven

Steven

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

The dwarf fort is 5 years old today! In the last five years, there have been times when I literally thought I'd never finish, and times when I could hardly keep myself from working on it. In the last year I've painted six units of dwarfs and completed the upper level of the fort (which was always a thorn in my side), besides building the city and painting about a million skeletons and ghouls for that.

Things are reaching a head this year, though. In June my wife and I are having our first baby, and I've decided to have my big projects wrapped up by then. On the warhammer side of things that means having all the dwarfs painted and the dwarf fort finally completed. I've set and kept to an ambitious (for me) schedule, and in the next 16 weeks I'll hopefully present the final product.

This week I'm working on two boxes of longbeards I got last winter. I have them assembled and will prime them tomorrow. When they are done I'll have 140 out of 143 dwarfs painted. When I'm done painting everything, I'll go back over the mines level (which I began 4 years ago back on page 9) and finish those up. Expect to see some "mines" posts in about a month.

#367 Thorgrimmir

Thorgrimmir

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

Congratulations on the kid! Oh, and those quarrelers look really nice

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: terrain, project, wip, mine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users