Photo

Grumpy Old Man's Grumpy Old Dwarfs (Side Projects 21.10.2013)

army project oop dwarfs

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 Theatralic

Theatralic

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Love it, I actually had found this army via google search. Great Stuff as allways, amazing how good your "Speed Painting" looks!

But please come back to Dwarves ;P. 

#122 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

I have a softspot for Beastman armies and your likes great, even if it is dipped! I'm asuming you basecoated the white undercoat before washes?

#123 dazza36

dazza36

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Whenever I see a nicely painted OOP army I don't have, I always get an urge to look thru Ebay !!! and these are 2 really nice armies. I love your use of colours for both, really makes for a cohesive look. By far an way one of the best dipped armies I've come across.

Can I ask where the giant is from ? is it a Citadel 80's model ?

Also really liking the bases, compared to the dwarf bases less flock is way better.

Edited by dazza36, 21 October 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#124 ardyer

ardyer

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Man, your "speedpaints" look superior to my "slowpaints!" Not fair :lol:

#125 Pahvivalmiste

Pahvivalmiste

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

I have to apologize for being little unclear. The Dark Elf army is dipped (and worked a lot afterwards) but these Beastmen are done with just washes.

Alebelly: I just put a colour wash/ink over white and Dark Tone-Umber Shade-floor polish wash on top of that. The furs, for example, were just Sepia Ink + Sepia wash (3:1) over white + the polish mixture.

Dazza: The Giant is “Bottle Snortle”: http://www.solegends...ntswd948710.jpg

Also, you’re the one who I have to thank a lot as your comments influenced a lot to me getting interested in basing. So I have to give you some credit for the bases ;) I agree they look better than the bases of my dwarfs… which brings me to the Dwarfs...

Theatralic: I try to return to the dwarfs eventually. The problem is that after these side projects I’m more confident in painting deeper shades and my painting techniques have, perhaps, improved a bit. The stuff I did a year ago looks a little old-fashioned :P But I love them (and Dwarfs in general) still...

I bought some historicals (Ottomans, to be specific) and I intend to use them as counts-as-Empire in Warhammer. I’m not sure how I divide my hobby time with those and the Dwarfs, but I’ve promised to myself that I’ll not buy any more models before these and my dwarfs are finished.

#126 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Alebelly: I just put a colour wash/ink over white and Dark Tone-Umber Shade-floor polish wash on top of that. The furs, for example, were just Sepia Ink + Sepia wash (3:1) over white + the polish mixture.

So... you spray white, then wash a flesh tone and a fur colour, then just wash the lot in polish/stain, then pick out teeth etc? Colour me impressed! They look great for what sounds like such a quick and easy process :)

#127 Darkblade

Darkblade

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Great looking army! It's amazing what can be achieved with washes. I still enjoy coming back and looking at the Dark Elves, lovely stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: army, project, oop, dwarfs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users