#41 Thane Morgran

Thane Morgran

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Indeed, he's a cracker!

One thing I'm missing on his special rules though; why is he A 4(7)? Where does the 7 come from?

Otherwise I think eternal hatred and killing blow might be a bit too much, I can see opponents not being so keen on that. And Valek's rune does absolutely nothing for your king. If the deamon has a toughness of 5 or less, his strength is already 5 so the rune does nothing, if 6 or more then the rune of might renders it obsolete by making him S10!

I like the rune upgrades for champs, that's a nice touch. May be worth specifying that it doesn't replace their wepon's normal properties though (so a champ in a unit with GWs still has the GW rules).

#42 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

@Thane Morgan: Honestly I copied that stat sheet from another Lord description so I don't quite know either. As for the other points you made, I do agree and will think about some changes.

#43 Squergi

Squergi

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Wonderful stuff, the prince is really impressive. For some reason I also had missed your prior update. It's some mind boggingly amazing painting! Very nice work and really lovely warm colours! :clapping:

:hi:

#44 Bayard

Bayard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Great army! I like your idea with using empire bits- they look fantastic, and painting is also very good :clapping:

#45 Vidpui

Vidpui

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

really really nice, and I'm stealing the helmet crest ideas for my hammerers :)

#46 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

really really nice, and I'm stealing the helmet crest ideas for my hammerers :)

Go right ahead. What crests in particular you thinking about? I use both Empire and Bret. I'm excited about using the new Demigyphs rider crests though.

#47 Vidpui

Vidpui

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

any, Ive got 16 of them that needs to be somehow made different from each other :)

#48 Theatralic

Theatralic

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Awesome looking army, especially the colours, i usually shy away from unusual schemes, you make it look amazing.

#49 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

Durgin Durginsson, Battle Standard Guard of Karag Dum’s Barazar Guard

Description:
The Barazar Guard is a unit of Dwarf Warriors assembled from all of the clans of Karag Dum during times of war. The unit unites under the Barazar Battle Standard, a symbol of unity between all the clans for it caries the standard for both the Drongdor and Grungor clans. It is the only unit within the army of Karag Dum to unite the bitter rivals who’s grudges divide the entire keep. The Barazar unit is Championed by a Longbeard of the King’s clan, the Grungor’s. Since the Barazar Standard also flys the flag of the Drongdor clan, they get to elect a Battle Standard Guard to be their champion within the unit.

Equipment: Drongdor’s Hammer, Spear, Shield, Helmet of the Protector

Hod_BSG_5_22_2012.jpg

Edited by Hod Flagonpounder, 10 July 2014 - 02:53 AM.

#50 escobear

escobear

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

These look awesome and the depth of the color and NMM is great. my only nitpick though is that the gold NMM can't be fully appreciated on the dwarf with the blonde beard. The yellows seem to blend together.

#51 the-black-smith

the-black-smith

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

HOWD YOU DO THE NMM!?!?! great work i must say ive been looking at your army grow for a while now and i can tell you are improving ^^ keep up the great work! -black smith

#52 neZna1ka

neZna1ka

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

Heh. I like your works!
I watch you. Сontinue =)

#53 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Thanks for the comments. Practice makes prefect... or a bit better than before with still a long way to go.

#54 Wendersnaven

Wendersnaven

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

I'm going to attempt to copy your wood and leather work. I've only seen a handful of people go all out in texturing poles like that. :yes: Amazing!

#55 Squergi

Squergi

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Very pretty looking miniatures. Love their colourful vibe! Your gold is just perfect - how do you paint it? :o

#56 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

My NMM Gold (copied from Scibor):

1. Base coat in Vermin Brown.
2. Take it to it's darkest shade with watered down layers of black or brown.
3. The hardest part is deciding which direction to fade from shadow to highlight. On big flat surfaces I do opposite of what you would think and keep the shadow on the top part and fade to the highlight on the bottom part (i.e. the Hammer). On smaller surfaces I do it normally, highlight towards the top and shadow at the bottom (i.e. Pig Helmet).
3. From Vermin Brown I blend to Blazing Orange and use two coats off increasing Blazing Orange in the Vermin Brown to do this. A do a final coat of pure Blazing Orange that should leave around 2/3 of the surface fading to that pure Blazing Orange (the first 1/3 of the surface is dark brown beginning to fade to Orange, the second 1/3 of the surface is continuing to fade from brown to a pure orange at the division between the second 1/3 and the final 1/3). On the final 1/3 of the surface I blend quickly between Blazing Orange and Sunburst Yellow. It is important to keep the proportion right here, you want a little less than 2/3 of the surface to be brown with only around the last 1/3 of the surface being pure orange and yellow.
4. Finally I highlight all the edges in Sunburst Yellow. This is why you paint the large surfaces blending from shadow to highlight opposite (shadow where you usually paint the highlight) because metal has weird quality of going from highlight to it's deepest shadow. So by following the opposite fading policy, when yo put this final highlight on you have it sitting right next to your darkest shadow area.

Let me know if that helps or is just confusing.

Right now I'm painting a skaven invader and using the same method on his weapons but instead of orange I am using green to give the weapon a wyrdstone feeling. I'm pretty sure you can use this method with any three colors as long as the three colors fill the shadow, medium and highlight color ranges.

#57 Squergi

Squergi

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, thanks for taking the time! I really have to try that :)

#58 rednorseman

rednorseman

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Absolutely lovely painting -gorgeous! I wanna see more.
cheers

#59 Vidpui

Vidpui

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

agreed golds are excellent, are you doing the chainmail in NMM too? Wood grain is the bane of my painting (amongst many other things), yours is great!

#60 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

agreed golds are excellent, are you doing the chainmail in NMM too? Wood grain is the bane of my painting (amongst many other things), yours is great!

The chainmail is not NMM. I start with a base of a dark royal blue, then I dry-brush on chainmail silver paint and finally a highlight of mythril silver paint.

I am thinking of doing my silver in NMM soon though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users