180 replies to this topic

#21 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

The hats on that bolt thrower crew are great!

I'm thinking of doing a whole Quarreller Ranger regiment with those to add to the Raner look.

#22 Blue in VT

Blue in VT

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Your whole army it's quite distinctive and interesting. The painting is wonderful and it has a sense of humor that I appreciate.

I can't wait to see where this project leads.

Blue

#23 Fanai Glimmerclaw

Fanai Glimmerclaw

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yep same as blue - You have 'style' and to me that is how I love with others painting

#24 white knight

white knight

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

I like the colours, the painting and the hat conversions. Good work!

#25 Purplebeard

Purplebeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Lovely conversions. Absolutely great figures.

#26 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

All three of the Commands I painted for up March's Painting Competition:

Musician:

Hod_BBPaintContest_Musician_3_2012.jpg

Standard Bearer:

Hod_BBPaintContest_Standard_3_2012.jpg

Champion (the one I submitted):

Hod_BBPaintContest_Champion_3_2012.jpg

Edited by Hod Flagonpounder, 10 July 2014 - 02:49 AM.

#27 Anvilborn

Anvilborn

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

love that command group, the look u have for ur army is fantastic....one little thing, wish you had entered the standard bearer into the comp instead of the champion...that standard bearer is definitely my fav of the three...

#28 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

@Anvilborn: It was a hard choose but one that had to be made.

Here is my Command Group with it's Unit:

Hod_Warriors_Unit_3_29_2012.jpg

Here is the Command Group for my Thunderer Rangers plus three regular Thunderers

Hod_Thunderers_3_29_2012.jpg

And finally the Whole Thunderer Unit together

Hod_Thunderers_Unit_3_29_2012.jpg

Hope you like them. I'd love to hear your comments.

Edited by Hod Flagonpounder, 10 July 2014 - 02:50 AM.

#29 Blue in VT

Blue in VT

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

WOW what a post!!!! Amazing stuff all around. I think that Longbeard champ looks better with a spear than he did with a hammer! And those thunderers....dddddrrrroooollll....that champion is also out of this world.

Excellent work Hod...you really breathed some life into those old models....and I'm not typically a fan of messing with perfection...which old marauder dwarfs are to begin with. In your case I feel it's fully justified!

Cheers,

Blue

#30 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

@Blue: I really appreciate it, especially from a great painter like yourself.

#31 Tribun

Tribun

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Saw your work on cmon. Overall great! Keep on.

#32 Anvilborn

Anvilborn

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

@Anvilborn: It was a hard choose but one that had to be made.

glad i didnt have to make the choice between such a fantastic command group....

ok, jaw picked up off the floor...somewhere a fairy died in envy of ur painting...those units are just outstanding...+1 to what Blue in VT said...

#33 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

Anyone remember the film Time Bandits? The MM15 Clansmen with spear, front left of the unit really reminds me of the Sea Giant!

But I digress. What wonderfully characterful units :) The feathers on some of the Thunderers look like they should have always been there.

Personally, the standard with the hammer looks a little odd, I'd have cut the hammer/mattock head off so it looks a little more like a one piece. Nice choice of SB though as his garb really fits in with the Thunderers :)

#34 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

@Alebelly: I put together the SB before I knew my Dremel worked on metal. Now that I know that I won't leave a mistake like that behind again. I really appreciate the comments. Are we going to see one of your masterpieces in this month's painting contest?

#35 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

I've not had the opportunity to pick up a brush in weeks :( I worked a 12 day week last "week" leaving at 07:30 and not returning home until at least 21:30, Sat and Sun too. Things are settling down a bit at work, but still have the house move to contend with. I have started a unit of Longbeards, half painted 10, but really not sure if I like what I'm doing. May post the progress pics and ask all what they think...

#36 Robo

Robo

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hey man, the colours you have chosen for your models are stunning! I hope to see a lot more of your work.

#37 neZna1ka

neZna1ka

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

I like these, nice work :yes:

#38 Skinny

Skinny

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Amazing! With the colors chosen and the bases and the different conversions here and there this army really stands out.

#39 Hod Flagonpounder

Hod Flagonpounder

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Newest edition to the Karag Dum Throng Prince Morakai Firebeard. My first Lord, Scibor mini and my first attempt at NMM. Really glad I had the examples of the NMM for this Scibor mini on their site. Overall I really like painting this Scibor mini. Base coating it is a hassle, but once that's done it dry brushes really quickly.

I created some fluff for him for a competition on the LO site.

Karag Dum lies on the Boundary of the Chaos Wastes and has long made many weapons to fight these demonic legions but few of the weapons they posses are stronger than those carrier by Prince Morakai Firebeard, Heir to the Kingship of Karag Dum and Leader of the Lions of Morgrim. He is the bearer of the Armor of Morgrim and wielder of the twin Axes of Valek also known as the Daemon’s Bane and Ancestor’s Doom. Prince Morakai is large even from Dwarf standards, it being said his mother with recovery for many months after his birth and that his first meal was black beard and Bugman’s best. Slayer of the Plauge Lord of Nordth’Dorin at the age of 50 years and before his 100th year, Morgrim had slew the tainted Dragon of Karag Thagi, erasing many Grudges in the Dammaz Kron of Karag Dum.

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
3 7 4 5 5 4 4 4(7)10

Morakai Firebeard is a Dwarf Lord.

Weapons: Dual Runic Hand Weapons, The Axes of Valek (Daemon’s Bane & Ancestor’s Doom)
Daemon’s Bane: Master Rune of Swiftness and the Rune of Might and Valek’s Rune
Ancestor’s Doom: Master Rune of Flight, Master Rune of Swiftness and Rune of Might

Armor: Runic Gromril Armor of Morgrim with Master Rune of Steal, Rune of Stone and Rune of Preservation

Talisman: The Lion Helmet of Morgrim with Rune of Furnace and the Master Rune of Spite

Special Rules: Dawi Prince, Keeper of the Runes

Valek’s Rune 15pts
A rune created by the High Runesmith of Karag Dum, Valek studied for many years the lost runes of Morgrim before created this new rune. The rune is designed to banish a Daemon Prince of Khrone known as the Terror’s and any other daemon that may threaten the Dawi.
When fighting against a Daemon Character, Morakai’s Strength is always equal to the Toughness of his target, unless it would normally be higher. As well as no armour saves are allowed (This includes dispel dice up to 2).

Dawi Prince
As a Dwarf Prince and Leader of the Lions of Morgrim, Morakai is trained to be the toughest of the Keep’s warriors. Having slain a dragon and a daemon lord before his beard had passed this knees, he is known through the northern lands as fearsome foe.
Morakai has the Killing Blow ability and eternal hatred.

Keeper of the Runes
Karag Dum is famous for it's rune weapons, with both the Hammer of Fate and the Axe of the Runesmith resting in it’s halls.
As a result when Morakai is included in an Throng, any unit champions may choose to take a runic weapon which gives there existing weapon +1 WS +1 Int & + Flaming attacks, at the cost of 15pts per model.

Hod_Morakai_4_26_2012.jpg

Edited by Hod Flagonpounder, 10 July 2014 - 02:51 AM.

#40 Skinny

Skinny

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

As always, I'm very impressed. Pure awesomeness Hod!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users