Photo

Zhufbar Mighty Throng - Or G0Trri's Painting Log.

Zhufbar Army Plog

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 g0trrI

g0trrI

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

Tromm to you all.

Hereby i present to you my Dawi force. I chose Zhufbar as their Hold and they are painted according to colour scheme i found here. (Well, white didn't make it to every model:P) I plan this Throng to be at least 3-3,5k strong. So lets go to the list!

THE LIST:

Lords/Heroes:

Runelord on Anvil of Doom
Lord on Shield
Runesmith
Master Engineer
Deamon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
Thane BSB
Thane

Core Units(all with fillers):
30x GW Warriors(FCG and 20 R/F completed, basing done)
30x GW Warriors
30x GW Quarellers(4)

Special Units(also with fillers):
30x Hammerers
Grudge Thrower(mortar conversion)(Mortar needs basing, 1 crew left to paint)
Grudge Thrower(mortar conversion)( 3 crew left to paint)
Cannon
Cannon
30x Miners

Rare Units:
Organ Gun(but needs 1 crew i must convert)
Organ Gun
Gyrocopter

And here you have colours explanation:
Bought
Assembled(number)
Painting/basing in progress
Completed

And for a quick teaser here are some photos, sorry for the crappy quality but i lost my digital camera and must take pictures with my old iphone :(

My alter ego Runelord Gotrri Gottersson on his Anvil with bodyguards
Posted Image

And my BSB and Master Engineer Burlok Damminsson himself!

Posted Image

That's all for now. I'll try take some more/better pictures and post them later today(but no promises:P)

Cheers

Edited by g0trrI, 28 February 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#2 sanj

sanj

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Always nice to see the old anvil of doom.

Will you be getting a new camera?
Can wait to see more.

#3 g0trrI

g0trrI

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Well, eventually:P I have slightly older camera but it's in my in-laws house at the moment(which makes it 300km far from me) so until then i'm stucked with the iphone. Additionally it is snowing outside so not good light for me today i guess :( I too love the old anvil, in my opinnion it is much better than the new one(What? The dwarves go and setup a rune-inscribed steps for the anvil before battle? And then what? After the day is won/lost they take those steps with them?).

#4 Torendil Zharrgrund

Torendil Zharrgrund

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

Nice work.

I like the clean colors on the models, and the models themselves!

Torendil

#5 Fanai Glimmerclaw

Fanai Glimmerclaw

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

yes the old anvil and the steam cannon are some of my all time favs - pity I never did by a flame cannon and now I could not be bothered - oh well back to painting more of WK minis

#6 Squergi

Squergi

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Looking really good! It's just too bad that it's so hard to actually see anything :P Nontheless it looks very promising! Looking forward to more of your work!

:hi:

#7 g0trrI

g0trrI

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

And here we go with another update. This time pictures ale slightly better(i hope), thanks to my wife's newer iphone:P(no we're not apple fanboys, just coincidence :P) I hope that this time you will actually be able to see something. So without further ado:

GW Warriors champion
Posted Image

Unit musician
Posted Image

Unit standard bearer(he is very shy so he's hiding behind banner which is quite not finished :D)
Posted Image

My Mortar(counts as Grudge Thrower)
Posted Image

And last but not least one of the mortar crew
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please note that the wihite parts are not finished because i ran out of white paint:( So they are waiting for a new delivery of paint next week:D
Hope you like my work. C&C welcome

Cheers

#8 Squergi

Squergi

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

I see you're having some trouble with painting clean white layers (I know you ran out of white but still :)). Are you painting straight from a black undercoat?

Anyway, I like them! The colour scheme is very nice: I like the deep blue. Also your bronzework is amazing! The telescope looks so cool!

#9 g0trrI

g0trrI

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

No it"s just the underlayer of bleached bone:P That's why i said it's not finished. The bronze is more goldy in reality but i'm quite happy with it. The telescope was so cool i felt obligated to include it in my army, during the assembly i discovered that it's little too tall for my dwarf crew man(as you can see on the picture). Maybe next time i'll add a little box for the dwarf to stand on:D.

#10 Durgin

Durgin

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

Looks really nice in the making. A quick question...how did you create the pavement on the unit bases? I am thinking of doing that as well on some of my own units, just can't figure out how I would do it.

#11 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

Your painting style reminds me a bit of Fanai's :) That's a good thing :)

#12 g0trrI

g0trrI

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thank you all for the positive comments! It helps me paint more!

A quick question...how did you create the pavement on the unit bases? I am thinking of doing that as well on some of my own units, just can't figure out how I would do it.

The pavement is made from green stuff, i just put it flat on the base and then start making the pattern with an old credit card(eh, must buy proper sculpting tools, any tips anyone?).

#13 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,346 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

(eh, must buy proper sculpting tools, any tips anyone?).

I think good old dentist tools are pretty good, although I've used all sorts of things when playing with greenstuff, and if it aint broke...

#14 g0trrI

g0trrI

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Outrageous! I just came from my LGS and they didn't have any white paint! And they carry both GW and Vallejo paints! It's a shame and they should shave their heads! :P :) Well, at least i replenished my green stuff supply so i'm ready for basing rest of the army :D. I guess more pictures are coming tomorrow(i'll try:D)

#15 theorox

theorox

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

The mortar is amazing! I have a really stupid stand-in for a GT now, but now I know how to make a proppa' mortar! From the cannon kit, obviously...>.> The base of the cannon looks better as a mortar, I gotta say. xD Thanks for the idea, and the rest of the army looks great so far.

Theo

#16 Fanai Glimmerclaw

Fanai Glimmerclaw

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Love the look from the last photos - great work

#17 g0trrI

g0trrI

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

As promised, here is another update!:D:D I hope you enjoy. As I said earlier i was unable to buy white paint from my LGS, despite it running both Vallejo and GW paints :(. Still, i managed to get some green stuff. I made some bases for my GW Warriors, and today i took some pictures for your entertaining. So here we go...

First, some better photos of my Anvil of Doom, Burlok Damminsson and BSB:

Posted Image

My Runelord has a footslogging version also(i magnetized him and the Anvil):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I hope that, you can see more than on the previous pictures. And now, some new stuff:

My cannon.
Posted Image

And two WIPs:

Firstly one of the mortar crew, please note that the end of the mortar shell need some cleaning work.
Posted Image

And finally my WIP of the GW Warrios unit filler, i tried to make the dwarf look like he is going on the rubble to see the oncoming enemy/other threats.
Posted Image

That's it for now. Hope you like, C&C and questions are always welcome.

Cheers

#18 neZna1ka

neZna1ka

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

Nice filler, I would clean part of rock and would add one more warrior, instead of her...

#19 Squergi

Squergi

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

I love the unit filler! I think it looks perfect with just the one warrior sentry. Great work on the Anvil of Doom as well, it was a great idea to magnetise the runelord! The BSB is looking good too! :clapping:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zhufbar, Army, Plog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users