Feel Free to Wishlist and discuss any unofficial rumors you have heard.
Please keep all discussion on these matters confined to this thread. Any new threads open will be merged into this one.
- Brewery Moderation Team
Here is a Summary of What we Have Speculated and Wish Listed, as Complied by Alebelly Cragfist:
Summary of Wish List Items:
- Shield dwarfs to be viable - some special rule, such as extra +1 AS, impact hits to enemy when charged etc.
- Gromril armour on Ironbreakers
- Viable "killy" lords
- Heavy armour on Quarrellers and Thunderers.
- Ward save or some other "doomsday" boon on Slayers
- Gyro squadrons up to 3 per unit (also no partials)
- Greater differentiation between elites
- Make dwarfs cheaper by a point
- Ancestor warmachine / Runic stone golem
- Bear / Ram cavalry
- Mining machine
- Return of Doomseekers
- Slayer skills for Slayers like those from the SoC Campaign book
Summary of Theories on Date Setting:
1 - Dwarfs are sooner rather than later - their models were being worked on around the same time as Empire. The stronger hints and rumours of the past 18 months have indicated Greenskins, VC, TK, Ogres, Empire, WoC, Dwarfs, HElf ABs - The last 3 are the only ones as yet unreleased. It's highly likely WoC are next. Even though no-one thinks it'll happen, HElfs (or even DElfs) have been hinted as a release before Dwarfs. Other rumours state strongly that Dwarfs will likely be Jan 2013 (if not March 2013).
2 - Dwarf rules are still not finalised and new suggestions were being playtested.
3 - New WHFRP fluff and illustrations throughout various GW sourcebooks indicates Zeppelins and Ancestor Warmachines will be available in the new AB. As FW are releasing a Zep with their Dec '12 release of Blackfire Pass, there is now doubt that the Dwarf "centre piece" will be a GW plastic Zep - but who knows?
That's about as concrete as we're getting. If Dwarfs are liekly to be released in Jan, we can expect better rumours to trickle in from Oct. If they don't, my betting is we won't see anything in Jan.