4 replies to this topic

#1 Solegga

Solegga

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

I'd like some opinions on this, since I'm dismissing the 2*40 horde warriors w/GW and retaking the Anvil.

RuneLord; Anvil; GW; Shield; Spelleaters (x2); MRoBalance (474 points)
Thunderers 20 FC (325 points)
Thunderers 20 FC (325 points)
Rangers Longbeards 26 ThrAx FC RoCourage (immune to fear/terror) (445 points)
Miners 25 FC (300 points)
Cannon RoForging; RoBurning (130 points)
Cannon RoForging (125 points)
GT RoPenetration(x2); RoReloading (140 points)
GT RoPenetration(x2); (RoBurning) (135 points)

Points total 2399.
Plan is to put the miners alongside the Longbeard rangers so they'll re-roll any panic tests, and use the force to outflank him while he is advancing versus my precious WM.
Any comments are welcome :yes3:

#2 Beer Beard

Beer Beard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

Runelord build while not illegal is rather useless (max +4 dispell dice generation for dwarfs and each spellbreaker/spelleater counts as -1DD you have a runelord (2dd, anvil (1dd), MRoB (1dd) and -2dd from spelleaters) + you have a GW + shield

You lack the manpower; increase the rangers by dropping thunderers full command. You're also paying 30 pts for a rune of courage on a unit that is immune to terror (and is only subjected to fear tests (terror test = panic test = auto pass))
Alternately you can scrap one unit of thunderers, reduce the other one to 14 (2x7) and take a horde of warriors

Miners are either too large (if without the steam drill) or too small (if you're using them as warmachine hunters).... Under ETC rules I found out that anvil turned a 1 unit of 6 miners (with champ) into my most valuable unit (in terms of point return or bring a throwaway unit for redirection).

PS: drop rune of reloading on the GT... add rune of accuracy (it makes a big difference)
PPS: no BSB?

#3 Firesborn

Firesborn

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

Hi As much I want to say that this army list looks very fun! I perssonally find it could not stan a chanse specially to fast units or units with ward saves or just plain tough units like WOC anyhow I dont see why you would spend the points on miners with the the rest of your army if you are going that way instead make them reg. warriors I feel like you are relying on unreliable forces that would work perfectly on a perfect situation but we all know it never works that way. lol

#4 Firesborn

Firesborn

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

Plus everything he said

#5 Solegga

Solegga

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip